Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2020, 08:47 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Can’t wait to hear about a toddler being arrested for getting on a swing at the neighborhood park. Lol
Eh, would be the parents, not the toddler . They (APD) have pretty much said that they are counting on people 'self-policing' rather than actually trying to enforce....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 10:16 AM

3,787 posts, read 6,997,228 times
Quote:
Heh, one of my buddies who lives by a private club golf course (now ordered closed) in a Detroit suburb got cabin fever, so he snuck out early Saturday morning to drive a few golf balls and do some putting practice right behind his house.
He said about 15 minutes into it he heard a helicopter approaching, so he ran into a grove of trees. Sure enough, it was the local police chopper looking for scofflaw criminals like him.

The difference between the wealthy and the poor in Detroit: one gets warned, the other gets shot. My opinion: too bad the guy can't go out golfing. That's like me complaining I can't go shopping. They're both sad commentaries of who we are. I'm embarrassed at times to see how privileged I think I am. Anyway, how does he know they were looking for him?

Old 04-21-2020, 11:47 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
They have already nabbed from said chopper several people defying the closed course orders at that course and some others.
Some neighbor must have ratted him out he figures and phoned it in. The PD choppers are on constant partol up there according to him.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:54 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times
Quote:
They have already nabbed from said chopper several people defying the closed course orders at that course and some others.
Some neighbor must have ratted him out he figures and phoned it in. The PD choppers are on constant partol up there according to him.
So he's upset that he can't go to the country club? Do you (or he) have any idea how entitled that is? My friend's father just died from COVID-19. There were 10,000 people in line at a food bank in San Antonio because they can't afford to feed their kids. But he's upset because he can't play golf???

Old 04-21-2020, 12:07 PM

He’s not crying about it, he is just antsy like everyone else. Active people wanna be active, but he lays pretty low and follows the SD protocols.
His church has handed out home cooked meals on Sundays to the homeless for years, and has continued to do so Very carefully during the pandemic.

No need to get worked up about someone you don’t know.

Old 04-21-2020, 12:26 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Williamson County reported its 5th death, a man in his 30s. I'm in my 40s, but it really hit close to home, that and the 5 year old in Detroit who died.

Meanwhile, people are acting like the virus is on the wane and that this whole ordeal was a boondoggle. SMDH.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:39 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
I understand both the people itching to get back out into the world *and* those still hiding out at home. I’ve been at home in isolation since March 7. Today is Day 45. I’m getting punchy, man. All we’ve done is ride our bikes through our rural Oak Hill neighborhood and plant the monsterest of the monsters garden. We are ready to get back to living.

I wish people could be patient just a little while longer. We will come out of this soon! On the other hand, cops citing people for walking through a park or on the beach makes me sick, and causes the punk rocker buried deep within me by age to rise to the surface. lol.

Our friends in LA had the cops called on them for playing ball with their kids in the street in front of their own home. That’s a level of busybody overreach that ought to earn someone a swift kick in their ass in my opinion.

Hang in there, everybody!!!!

Old 04-21-2020, 02:08 PM

3,787 posts, read 6,997,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I understand both the people itching to get back out into the world *and* those still hiding out at home. I’ve been at home in isolation since March 7. Today is Day 45. I’m getting punchy, man. All we’ve done is ride our bikes through our rural Oak Hill neighborhood and plant the monsterest of the monsters garden. We are ready to get back to living.

I wish people could be patient just a little while longer. We will come out of this soon! On the other hand, cops citing people for walking through a park or on the beach makes me sick, and causes the punk rocker buried deep within me by age to rise to the surface. lol.

Our friends in LA had the cops called on them for playing ball with their kids in the street in front of their own home. That’s a level of busybody overreach that ought to earn someone a swift kick in their ass in my opinion.

Hang in there, everybody!!!!

Well, unless one of the kids out in the street has the virus and doesn't know it yet and the other neighbor kid wants to go out and play and does, and gets it. Then what?

I'd love to chat more but the inside of my kitchen cupboards need rearranging.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:08 PM

There is more than one Mrs. Kravetz in every neighborhood. Lol

Old 04-21-2020, 02:17 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
Well, unless one of the kids out in the street has the virus and doesn't know it yet and the other neighbor kid wants to go out and play and does, and gets it. Then what?
A responsible parent will tell their child that they can’t go play with the kids next door right now because they might have the virus. Is this really a difficult issue for some to navigate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin