Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 09:29 PM

19 posts, read 39,632 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have been been planning to buy a new home and I started looking into communities. So far i have liked 3: Carneros Ranch, Bryson and Palmera Ridge. Anyone has any experience or bought home in these communities and has any suggestions. Anything will help.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 09:51 PM

43 posts, read 52,850 times
Hi!
I have been looking to buy for over a year now and know alot about new home communities. If i'd have to rank the communities based on schools, location, and design, they would be:

1. Bryson
2. Palmera Ridge
3. Carneros Ranch

I love Bryson and the community vibe. It feels very welcoming and the homes there are beautiful too! They won many awards for best community in Austin. I also like the fact that in front of the community will be the new extended 183A tollroad.

Palmera Ridge is nice but feels kinda old. I like it but not as much as Bryson. However, it does have an advantage. It will be adjacent to the new 2243 freeway that is scheduled to be constructed within the next 5 years. I believe it will not be a tollroad and that the area surrounding the frontage roads and freeway will be populated with shops and etc...

Carneros Ranch is at the bottom of my list since it is in the less desirable side of Leander. Schools are pretty bad and the community is kinda hidden from everywhere else. It really has no charm...

Have you checked out Deerbrooke, Larkspur, Morningstar, Bar W Ranch or Mayfield Ranch?
They're nice communities too! What else are you looking for and what is your price range? I could give you some personalized suggestions from my experience to make house-hunting easier!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me directly!

Old 10-19-2020, 10:33 AM

Hi Dannon,

Thanks for the reply. Its really helpful.
I actually liked the carenos better than other 2, reason is its quite small comparing to Bryson and Palmera and I like small communities. Also its very small in size but still has almost same amenities (or at-least what I want), good connectivity of Lakeline Blvd and Baghdad road. I dont have kids so i am not worried about schools yet.

Also in bryson i am not getting lots & floor plans of my choice. Palmera Ridge is very expensive and has the same problem, lots are not available.

And here are the things about other communities:
Deerbrooke: Its has pid tax
Larkspur, Morningstar: Very far
Bar W Ranch: Already sold out
Mayfield Ranch: mostly sold out or very expensive.

I want to avoild Ronald reagan as it is getting heavily populated. the whole road is full of communities and many more are coming.

Also in carenos ranch less property tax and HOA. And you did say its on undesirable side of Leander, is it something I should know about that part of city?
In carenos ranch I am getting plan and lot of my choice and my budget is 500k.

Old 10-19-2020, 11:57 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
I'm sorry for not being helpful with this post, but this is precisely what I have an issue with - that there are so many new home housing communities out there but little else in the way of retail, nearby entertainment, etc..This will persist for at least the next five years, maybe longer. I understand that the communities offer their residents things to do, but still. Being self contained can feel claustrophobic after awhile. I just can't see myself paying 500k to still be in the yonder unless I'm getting a nice view, etc.

Old 10-21-2020, 07:57 PM

43 posts, read 52,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee88 View Post
Hi Dannon,

Thanks for the reply. Its really helpful.
I actually liked the carenos better than other 2, reason is its quite small comparing to Bryson and Palmera and I like small communities. Also its very small in size but still has almost same amenities (or at-least what I want), good connectivity of Lakeline Blvd and Baghdad road. I dont have kids so i am not worried about schools yet.

Also in bryson i am not getting lots & floor plans of my choice. Palmera Ridge is very expensive and has the same problem, lots are not available.

And here are the things about other communities:
Deerbrooke: Its has pid tax
Larkspur, Morningstar: Very far
Bar W Ranch: Already sold out
Mayfield Ranch: mostly sold out or very expensive.

I want to avoild Ronald reagan as it is getting heavily populated. the whole road is full of communities and many more are coming.

Also in carenos ranch less property tax and HOA. And you did say its on undesirable side of Leander, is it something I should know about that part of city?
In carenos ranch I am getting plan and lot of my choice and my budget is 500k.
In Carneros Ranch there is a high crime rate. That is what I know.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I'm sorry for not being helpful with this post, but this is precisely what I have an issue with - that there are so many new home housing communities out there but little else in the way of retail, nearby entertainment, etc..This will persist for at least the next five years, maybe longer. I understand that the communities offer their residents things to do, but still. Being self contained can feel claustrophobic after awhile. I just can't see myself paying 500k to still be in the yonder unless I'm getting a nice view, etc.
Yeah man I know, its crazy out there. Thanks

Old 10-21-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanann View Post
Oh man, I didnt know that. Is there a way I can see this somewhere? Like a report or something.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:30 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
You asked about Round Rock before I think as well.

I'm familiar with many communities in RRE and RRW. If you're still interested, let me know. Leander and Liberty Hill have nice views. I'd live there for the hill country access, acreage and if my work is west of 35. If your work is not west, then you might also consider RR as another option. While the homes with the views will be older and too expensive, there's some nice selection and because RR has been established for over 20 years at this point, has a lot more retail and things to do. RR is trying to diversify and attract those without kids so look out for development catered to that demographic as well.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:47 AM

242 posts, read 206,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanann View Post
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/will...rcement-event/

Great timing. Right after you posted, there was a SWAT standoff there according to the news. I've never understood the mass appeal of Leander/Liberty Hill. It's a very "methy" low-cost area.

Close your eyes and imagine that you are in Trump country. Now open your eyes. Surprise, you're in Leander.

Old 10-22-2020, 06:14 PM

109 posts, read 163,835 times
I recently looked at Bryson and Rancho Sienna, as others have indicated they are in the middle of nowhere. More importantly, the financials were concerning. I encourage you to look at sales prices over the last 6 months. Just 3 months ago houses were going for $100k less. It does not offer much stability in my opinion. The red flag is when I saw used homes (practically new, 1-2 years old) going for the low to mid $400's in Rancho Sienna while new homes were going for the mid $500's. With it being so far out in my opinion it is very high risk and prone for a significant correction. One will be paying a premium for "new" when residents selling in the exact same neighborhood will always be competing with new builds for the next 5 years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin