Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:02 PM

944 posts, read 3,955,179 times

Advertisements

C-jack, you sound like a very typical Austin resident, minus the "card-carrying far right" part. I hope this city is still tolerant enough to accept those political views. The rest of your self-description fits Austin perfectly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2007, 08:22 PM

5 posts, read 13,403 times
I am from the Bay Area and have heard such great things about Austin and surrounding areas. My partner and I will be coming on the 19th of January to view houses in Leander, Cedar Park and Round Rock. My goal is long term investment and comfortable living in a quiet but growing area. Does anyone have any advice about which city would be the best to buy a house in (price range about 125-130k). I want the house to appreciate (slowly) and needs to be in a safe and quiet area not too far from Austin. Thanks in advance for any help on this!
Be Well to All!
kokobear

Old 01-15-2007, 10:31 AM

944 posts, read 3,955,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobear View Post
...Leander, Cedar Park and Round Rock.
...best to buy a house in (price range about 125-130k).
First, you won't get any of the cultural amenities of Austin in those suburbs. They're all very conservative compared to the Bay Area. But if you're OK with that then in your price range you'll probably need to be pretty far from Austin, such as the northeast side of Round Rock or one of the more distant developments in Leander. If I were you, I'd go for Leander. That town has a plan for a new downtown that's very intelligent and appealing, and it's going to grow a lot, plus you'd be close to the lakes and hill country. In Round Rock you're close to Ikea, an outlet mall, and Dell, but not much in the way of anything interesting culturally or recreationally.

Hopefully you'll get more opinions, as I'm obviously showing a bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin