Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:03 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times

Advertisements

Planning to go to Chicken S**t Bingo on Chicken S**t Sunday this month down there in Austin.
Was wondering if there are any noteworthy bbq joints in the area, or heading back north, driving home to Ft Hood area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 11:08 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
Planning to go to Chicken S**t Bingo on Chicken S**t Sunday this month down there in Austin.
Was wondering if there are any noteworthy bbq joints in the area, or heading back north, driving home to Ft Hood area?
Yes there is!! Iron Works and Stubbs, both not bad. They are downtown, but not that far of a drive from Ginny's! Ya know if we get enough C-D.com posters to go with us to Ginny's, we could make it a party afterwards to eat BBQ somewhere. It will still be early enough...8 - 8:30 pmish

Old 09-06-2008, 11:12 PM

oh Stubbs is close by? never been, so that might be an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
Yes there is!! Iron Works and Stubbs, both not bad. They are downtown, but not that far of a drive from Ginny's! Ya know if we get enough C-D.com posters to go with us to Ginny's, we could make it a party afterwards to eat BBQ somewhere. It will still be early enough...8 - 8:30 pmish

Old 09-06-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
oh Stubbs is close by? never been, so that might be an idea.
I actually like Stubbs BBQ. County Line is supposed to be good also. I'm sure Austinites will chime in on here to tell us their favorites. Stubbs is on Red River, If I'm remembering correctly. I could drive you right there, but the street names are a little rusty for me. I would have to check their hours. I have their website on my PC at home (Yes, I'm at work again!)

Old 09-07-2008, 03:29 AM

I just checked on line. Stubbs closes at 9 PM on Sundays and Iron Works are closed on Sundays. Now I have heard good things about County Line BBQ. There are several locations, but the one on the lake looks like a very scenic location.

The County Line BBQ-come see us for great food & fun! (http://www.countyline.com/comeseeus.asp#Austin%20(On%20the%20Lake - broken link))

I will have to call and see what their hours of operation are on Sundays. I can't find it on the website. Also, not sure how to get there, but if Love Roses and her hubby go out with us, I'm sure she could get us all there afterwards for some great bbq because they will know their way around better than us.

Love Roses...any other suggestions for good BBQ after chicken sh*t bingo? It would have to be open later than 9 pm. Ginny's and bingo ends at 8 ish.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:24 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
County Line's okay. Nothing to write home about, but I never turn them down, either!

Open after 9 on Sunday is going to be the hard part. Most everybody is BBQ'd out at that point. (The very BEST BBQ places, in my long experience, tend to be closed by 1:00 p.m. or so because they run out of BBQ and they cook it ALL night long. )

I'll see what I can turn up, though.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:13 AM

yep been to County Line. it's ok.
how bout a Rudy's, is there one aroud there?

Old 09-07-2008, 09:52 AM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,707,760 times
At the risk of sounding very out of it.... What is CS bingo and what is CS Sunday and what is Ginnys and why do you do it?
It all sounds so interesting, I may want to do it too!

Old 09-07-2008, 10:02 AM

ALL ABOUT CHICKEN S**T BINGO ON CHICKEN S**T SUNDAY, A "Keep Austin Weird" Documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT1IoCAN1Rs&feature=related

ANOTHER VIDEO EXPLAINING CHICKEN S**T BINGO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6erw5L7NM

CLOSE UPS OF "RED" IN ACTION, S**TING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6erw5L7NM

"RED" has performance anxiety and the crowd has to try to scare the "s**t" out of the
chicken!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOftjNqIhpQ

WAITING FOR MORE S**T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uwrWhvMYck&feature=related

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA View Post
At the risk of sounding very out of it.... What is CS bingo and what is CS Sunday and what is Ginnys and why do you do it?

Old 09-07-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA View Post
Come join us! As time gets closer, I will post on the TEXAS forum to get an actual head count of who all is coming out to join us for chicken sh*t bingo and beers!

Go to the Texas forum and check out this link...

//www.city-data.com/forum/texas...ecided-do.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin