Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 03:44 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,886 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if I can get a home in the Leander, Round Rock or Cedar Creek, or Pflugarville areas from 130-150K with the following: community pool, decent back yard, not too old (10 yrs), and good schools. Is this even possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 07:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
If you go a bit older than 10 years then yes it's possible.

If Pflugerville there is Brookhollow, Park Crest, Saxony neighborhoods.
They feed into Brookhollow Elementary, Park Crest Middle School and then Pflugerville High School. Nice family neighborhoods. Saxony has a community pool or two.
Brookhollow doesn't but those neighborhoods are close to Gilleland Park which has a very nice pool.
And all of these are older neighborhoods with nice size front and back yards.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:17 PM

116 posts, read 362,435 times
The Cedar Park town center neighborhood has some homes in that price range that fit that criteria.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:44 PM

426 posts, read 1,673,828 times
I bought in Feb 07... 1700 sq ft, built in 2002, everything you mentioned, 3/2 house in RR, great neighborhood, great school in the neighborhood, etc...absolutely love it - paid $135k at the time... it's now appraised for $160k though, so it could be a reach but it's doable.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:59 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,652,329 times
So of the neighborhoods out here in Leander are in that price range. Look at Horizon Park, Blockhouse maybe the KB neighborhood,Westview meadows by Centex is in the price range. I know folks that live all over and they like their own neighborhood. Good Luck

Old 09-23-2008, 10:00 AM

1,035 posts, read 4,466,073 times
Its possible. Especially if, like neddy said, you go a little older. There are Scott Felders (they built nice homes) in Oak Ridge (Leander) in that price range. A great elementary is within walking distance and a new LISD high school and middle school right down the road.

I'd also look in Ridgewood North for newer Lennar built homes. There's a nice little park/playground in the neighborhood and a pool in Ridgwood South for the whole community.

Last edited by texastea; 09-23-2008 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Fix the mls mistake ;)

Old 09-23-2008, 10:37 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,925 times
Leander - mason creek; Easily.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:20 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,303 times
As the other posters have stated, yes you can get a house in Leander for about $130K. The question is whether or not a $130K home here is realistic for you. It really depends on what your expectations are. Your location is listed as Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. It's quite a bit different than your current location in Orange County. My guess is that you would much prefer the areas where the homes are in the $180K range. My opinion, solely based on where you live now, is that about $160K is the minimum of what you would find realistic.

You could even use the people on this forum as examples. I'm sure there is only a very small percentage of us that live in a home in the Austin area that has a current market value of $150K or less.

Last edited by mark311; 09-23-2008 at 11:35 AM..

Old 09-23-2008, 03:29 PM

5 posts, read 15,989 times
Our neighborhood fits your description, except it has a park and not a pool. On the other side of the park though, is an apartment complex.. with a pool. I know some kids use it, but I'm not saying that's an OK thing to do.
The neighborhood is called Remington Heights, in Round Rock. It's very low-traffic as there is only one entrance/exit. However, it's also quite small so there's never any real traffic to get in/out except at 5pm on the access road since it's across the street from Dell. The neighborhood even has a sidewalk entrance to the shopping center with the infamous HEB grocery store. Oh, and don't forget Starbucks.
Since I don't get out of work until 6 usually, getting home at 6:30 isn't ever a problem.

It's super easy access to the toll road which will take you to IH35, Mopac, 620, or even further east if you want to head south (what I call the back way) to the airport very quickly.

You could get a smaller one-story for 130k but the larger two-stories go for ~160k and up.

The houses are just around 10 years old, some a bit older some a bit younger.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:38 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,466,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
As the other posters have stated, yes you can get a house in Leander for about $130K. The question is whether or not a $130K home here is realistic for you. It really depends on what your expectations are. Your location is listed as Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. It's quite a bit different than your current location in Orange County. My guess is that you would much prefer the areas where the homes are in the $180K range. My opinion, solely based on where you live now, is that about $160K is the minimum of what you would find realistic.

You could even use the people on this forum as examples. I'm sure there is only a very small percentage of us that live in a home in the Austin area that has a current market value of $150K or less.
In the neighborhoods I mentioned (plus Mike's suggestion--especially the part of Mason Creek closest to Crystal Falls), you might squeeze into the smallest home in the neighborhood with $135K. They're good places to live with great schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin