Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 PM

37 posts, read 112,206 times

Advertisements

Hey all

my girlfriend is looking for a temp job to fill in time as she is lookg for a permanent position.

However, besides UTemps we could not find an agency that would seem reputable. Partially, because we do not have contacts here to give us recommendations

Any of you have used (either as a worker, or as a client) any of the Temp agencies serving Austin?

Thanks

Igor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 02:37 PM

11 posts, read 41,210 times
i have used Focus 1 in the past. they are located in the northwest area by spicewoodsprings and pond springs off of 183. the woman in the office is named kris, and if you have any experience in office, call center type work or are looking to get into that field, shes a great person to know. if you go tell her tracey g sent you. i get referral bonuses too!

also you may want to check out apple employment. there are two locations in the austin region. one is off 183 the other is down south somewhere.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:08 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,880 times
I used kellys when I moved here. Worked great for me.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:02 AM

5,865 posts, read 11,920,390 times
I used to manage temp labor for my company and there are a lot of good temp agencies in the Austin area. many of them are locally owned with a few nationwaide agencies represented as well. A lot of the agencies seem to specialize - some for manufacturing or skilled manufacturing, some stricly admin, some engineering/IT and some healthcare. I can give you a better recommendation if I know what type of job she's looking for.

Kelly is a good "all around" agency as is Adecco. Burnet Staffing and Evins Personnel are two local agencies that are also reputable.

Most of them should have websites that list their job openings.

I'm curious what would lead you to believe an agency is not reputable?

Old 09-30-2008, 11:25 AM

79 posts, read 231,040 times
AppleOne is a disaster. At least the North Austin facility is. Turn over is huge there and unless you hound them for work, good luck getting a call. Even hounding them rarely leads to anything.

A friend of mine who worked for staffing agencies told me they all tend to take on more potential employees with promises of wonderful fictitious opportunities to fill in their monthly quotas of recruits.

They are quick to push temp work when you specifically expressed interest in perm positions only (as they advertise to have in abundance ...), and will forget completely about you once you are on a temp assignment. This shouldn't be a big issue for you if that's all you are looking for.

I recently was laid off and started working with Ajilon after numerous attempts of working with AppleOne, Burnett Staffing, Evins Personnel, Leading Edge Personnel, etc. Within a week, I was offered a perm position. Shira was my contact there. She is extremely professional and delivered as she had promised.

Good luck with the job search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin