Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 10:48 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times

Advertisements

- I can relate. We have a huge German Shepherd and he freaks some people out. He is really just a big baby though. I understand why some people are scared of certain breeds though. Most of them are fine but there are the few that "ruin it for the rest." Don't let your pits out unsupervised for sure, if anything to keep people from calling animal control or stealing them. I know they are part of your family.

- I'm sure you're cold in Vermont, but you're going to be hot in Texas. Summers are brutal. As long as you have no problem with that, I think you'll be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 10:53 AM

I forgot to mention, but in Houston there are a few neighborhoods that have mottos like "we love big dogs." It is actually on the advertisements for the subdivisions. I can't remember if there are any places in Austin like that? If so, would probably be something to look at.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:34 PM

19 posts, read 59,243 times
Thank you everyone else!

I've worked in two different shelters, I've been a dog groomer and I've worked for Best Friends Animal Society. I'm looking to work in a vets office. I've assisted vets and vet techs at my other jobs, but have never actually worked in a veterinary practice. Hopefully I'll find something!

I know it's going to be tough finding someplace to live with my dogs, but I'm trying to be positive!

Pit bulls are my life. You do not want to have this conversation with me, because obviously you are misinformed. Pit bull owners are tired of having this conversation with pig headed people.

Most people don't even know what a pit bull is! Tell me, which one is the pit bull?
www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

Yes, facts are facts. Maybe you should learn them before you make assumptions. Yes, they have been bred in the past to fight other dogs. Dog aggression is NOT human aggression. Chows were bred for food. Shih Tzus were bred as palace dogs. Have you ever eaten chow meat? My mom has a shih tzu and certainly doesnt live in a palace. Oh, and my pit bulls LOVE her shih tzu!

I'm not going to even get into your warped "facts" on bite statistics.

Meet my "Wild Animals"

Doing Therapy Work:

Hmm. Baby. Cheerios. Big scary pit bull eating cheerios. Baby's fingers in pit bulls MOUTH!

Mauling kittens

The wild animal tamer!

I'm going to miss the mountains!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:37 PM

Great pics! Love them!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:50 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,056,803 times
Cute Doggie! Good luck on finding a place. It doesn't seem fair that in some instances where vicious dogs attacked, the entire breed is now guilty.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Thank you!

Quote:
I'm sure you're cold in Vermont, but you're going to be hot in Texas. Summers are brutal. As long as you have no problem with that, I think you'll be fine.
I HATE the cold weather! Bring on the heat!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 PM

62 posts, read 162,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia618 View Post
Thank you everyone else!

I've worked in two different shelters, I've been a dog groomer and I've worked for Best Friends Animal Society. I'm looking to work in a vets office. I've assisted vets and vet techs at my other jobs, but have never actually worked in a veterinary practice. Hopefully I'll find something!

I know it's going to be tough finding someplace to live with my dogs, but I'm trying to be positive!

Pit bulls are my life. You do not want to have this conversation with me, because obviously you are misinformed. Pit bull owners are tired of having this conversation with pig headed people.

Most people don't even know what a pit bull is! Tell me, which one is the pit bull?
Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull

Yes, facts are facts. Maybe you should learn them before you make assumptions. Yes, they have been bred in the past to fight other dogs. Dog aggression is NOT human aggression. Chows were bred for food. Shih Tzus were bred as palace dogs. Have you ever eaten chow meat? My mom has a shih tzu and certainly doesnt live in a palace. Oh, and my pit bulls LOVE her shih tzu!

I'm not going to even get into your warped "facts" on bite statistics.

Meet my "Wild Animals"

Doing Therapy Work:

Hmm. Baby. Cheerios. Big scary pit bull eating cheerios. Baby's fingers in pit bulls MOUTH!

Mauling kittens

The wild animal tamer!

I'm going to miss the mountains!
Not trying to be an ass, but I picked the pit on the first try in your little quiz. They are all around this place, and wild as hell. As I said, they have to be shot on a regular basis because the white trash cannot seem to keep them in check. One lady has like 8 of them down the road. 2 weeks ago they were still chained up outside near their rundown houses, even though it was 2 degrees outside. I guess it's a good thing they are tough dogs.

All that noise about now knowing, being misinformed, and being pig-headed, is exactly that - noise. Sure your dogs look cute in those pics, but I have seen bears and tigers ride tricycles in my time... doesn't make them any less wild. Just ask Roy what a "trusted animal" can do.

I love dogs like no other, but pit bulls are what they are. Sure, you love yours, and they are great, and you trust them, yadda, yadda. How about we induce a seizure for you on your kitchen floor and see if they don't make lunch out of you? Would you be up to that?

I was raised around german shepherds, great danes, bull mastiffs, rottweilers, pit bulls, and every supposed "mean dog" you can think of. Pit bulls are the only dogs I KNOW cannot be trusted.

Again... the facts speak for themselves. Enjoy your pits, good lucking finding a place to live and when you do, carry a fat insurance policy. If my kids are ever attacked by a pit, I will make sure that the owners' paycheck is garnished for as long as they live. Owners of pits know what they are up against... no more excuses.

Enjoy Austin

Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 PM

62 posts, read 162,460 times
Oh and why are your dogs always wearing a prong/pinch training collar?? Those are for training only, so I find it odd that they are sporting them while doing "therapy work". Do you expect them to do something crazy? They cause a good bit of pain to the animal, so I cannot imagine anyone using them as a regular collar.

Be sure to checkout the Pitbull store: http://www.pitbull-store.com/

# 1 seller is the wire muzzle. Most likely just to cut down on barking, but I bet it helps prevent random attacks as well.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:38 AM

Umm... yeah. I'm not exactly sure why you think training collars are a bad thing. And they certainly don't wear them "all the time". Trey wears a prong collar on walks because he has a partially collapsed trachea and coughs alot if he's walked on a flat collar.

Your ignorance is just shining brightly,my dear, but whatever.

Quote:
2 degrees outside
Wow, that must be some kind of record for Austin!

Quote:
How about we induce a seizure for you on your kitchen floor and see if they don't make lunch out of you? Would you be up to that?
Bwahahaha! This is hilarious. Sure, bring it on.

Your post really cracked me up. I'm not wasting my time talking to you any more. I'd rather not stoop to your level, but thanks for the input.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:50 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,056,803 times
How 'bout we all embrace that Texas Friendly way of life and let the doggie debate go. Can't y'all agree to disagree on this one? Or at least take it off of a relocation board? I think the only valuable info anyone gets from this is that it is harder to find a rental if you own a pit bull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: