Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2007, 09:33 AM

110 posts, read 523,678 times

Advertisements

For those in Leander ISD and living in Steiner or River Place:

It seems that Cedar Park HS is kinda far away, and covers A LOT of territory, from Steiner and River Place north through Cedar Park and Leander. I heard yesterday that there may be plans for a new high school to serve Steiner and River Place (near 2222 & 620 I believe?). So the questions I have are:

- Is Cedar Park inconvenient for you? Is it overcrowded?

- Do any of you know about this new high school - when it would open, who would attend, etc?

- An unrelated Q - does anyone know of a good swim team/program in the Steiner Ranch area?

We're here!! I'll post our findings and experiences after our visit.
Storms moving in!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 11:51 AM

1,207 posts, read 6,280,234 times
Yes, there are plans to build a new high school to serve SR and RP. It will be located on the 2222 just south of the 620, on the old Ribelin Ranch land.

The land has already been purchased by the school district, but currently no funds are available to actually build the school, so another bond will have to be issued to get the $ to build it. I heard rumors that will happen this coming year but I have no source to verify that! I suspect that all of the kids that currently attend all the Steiner schools as well as the new River Place elementary and Grandview Hills elementaries will attend the new high school. Leander ISD always forms parent attendance boundary committees to get input on the attendance zones so who knows what will happen for sure!

CP HS is definitely a drive - probably 15 minutes from RP and 20 from Steiner. I don't know if it's overcrowded, as I don't have high school age kids there. however, LISD is opening another high school up near Crystal Falls in 2008. It will be 9th graders only the first year, but that should relieve some of the overcrowing pressure, if there is any, in CPHS.

River Place offers a swim team during the summers; you might also check out programs in Lakeway.

Last edited by gigi927; 03-29-2007 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-31-2007, 10:22 AM
jak

12 posts, read 45,052 times
I don't have kids at CP high school but know others who do and they have said that they are happy with education their children are getting. Would like it if the high school were closer but it really isn't a big deal to the people I know. Others may differ.

Steiner Ranch does have a swim team. New family registration is April 14th and fills up fast.

http://www.steinerstars.org/

Old 03-31-2007, 04:43 PM

575 posts, read 2,496,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
I don't have kids at CP high school but know others who do and they have said that they are happy with education their children are getting. Would like it if the high school were closer but it really isn't a big deal to the people I know. Others may differ.

Steiner Ranch does have a swim team. New family registration is April 14th and fills up fast.

http://www.steinerstars.org/
For those that know about Mission Viejo's swim history, think Mission Viejo here, very competitive in SR, but hey, that's a good thing. Get those kiddos practicing now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin