Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,268,510 times

Advertisements

There is simply no comparison between Austin and Dallas. Dallas has everything you could possibly want in a city and Austin has virtually nothing to offer. I understand that coming from Michigan, you aren't too picky, but do yourself a favor and give yourself the best shot at success.

Dallas continues to top the charts in job growth, overall growth, and quality of life. It is a huge international business mecca with world class shopping and high end stores just about everywhere you look. People are very sophisticated (in north dallas) and most of them make very good livings.

If Dallas isn't to your liking, then try the Houston area. Although i step below Dallas (in my opinion), it still has tons to offer the average person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by percula View Post

I am relocating with my wife, son and soon to arrive daughter to Texas. I recently had several job interviews in north DFW area which my wife and I really did like, but we are also considering making another trip down to Austin to check things out. Everything that we read makes Austin sound like the perfect place to be. I am a health professional and my wife will soon be a stay at home mother. The things that are most important to us are the basics: good school systems, low crime, etc.

But...we are also big on being outdoors, love scenic views and being near water (we previously considered base of the appalachian mnts in Carolinas) and like to live in a nonoppressive and clean area.

I need input to compare these areas PLEASE!!! Economy? Traffic? Housing? Overall quality of life? Pros and Cons? Just trying to pick the best place to raise my kids in a healthy environment.

P.S. We are not overly religious, and we do not think about football 24/7.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 02:37 PM

40 posts, read 118,392 times
Default Texas

I live in the DFW area, just south of Denton.....

Dallas itself has good and bad areas just like anywhere else...But a lot of the towns outside of Dallas are great! Only complaint I have are the HOTT summers!

Corinth, Aubrey, Frisco, Coppell, Grapevine and several ares are fantastic....

Trust me Austin has its bad stuff too..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin