Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,749,421 times

Advertisements

That guy was walking back to the car, just like grandma. What'd he expect would happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan96 View Post
It never should have gotten to the point where she got out of the car. When she refused to sign the ticket, the officer should have just handed her the ticket and told her that if she didn't show up for court a warrant would be issued for her arrest. Then send her on her way. When she spouted off "take me to jail," he should have just ignored it. Instead he escalated it by asking her to get out of the car. Once out of the car she did everything wrong. The shove was clearly his attempt to get them out of harms way. Both parties handled this wrong. She pushed it to the point that she got tased, but the officer should never have asked her to get out of the car for refusing to sign a speeding ticket.
Maybe it's up to the individual cops discretion, but they are supposed to arrest a person who refuses to sign a ticket. It's a texas state law.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:24 PM

258 posts, read 444,127 times

YouTube - Most Sadistic Tasering Incident Ever...Ignored by ICLU, FBI--even the N.A.A.C.P.!

Tasering does not seem to affect this drunk lady to much.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:35 PM

All those people should be in a training video of how not to act when you get pulled over.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:42 PM

That one was hilarious. Of course it was ignored by all of those groups. The tasering didn't even knock her down. She complained more of getting handcuffed than anything else. Plus, in those videos, we see multiple cops, so even if a cop is not alone doesn't guarantee that a tasering won't occur, including granny's case.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:03 PM

786 posts, read 2,767,612 times
I did not watch all the videos, but of the ones I did, I noticed that they were all told to do something by the cop, or asked a question, their response then led the cop to announce that they were under arrest and to place their hands behind their back. At this point the person realizes the cop is serious and either tries to "rewind" the situation and retract their refusal, or just try to walk away from the situation.

However, they have been placed under arrest. Not complying in any way is resisting arrest.

I get the strong message that once you're told you're under arrest, all bets are off.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:23 PM

434 posts, read 1,083,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I'd love to see what you'd do with an out of control 72 year old woman or even older. And not in the comfort of your own home but in similar circumstances.
what do you mean by "out of control"?

do you mean one who is drunk? who can't walk straight? who is talking nonsense? or one who is playing with AK-47 or 30,000 pounds of TNT?

what is it?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:00 PM

469 posts, read 1,874,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
How about just shooting her?

Yes, her behavior was vulgar and disgusting. However, cops should be trained to deal with this. They shouldn't have to resort to a weapon unless there is danger. It doesn't look like this woman posed my danger aside from hurting the officer's feelings.

If you need a taser to deal with a cursing 72 year old woman, perhaps an exciting career in electronics is a better fit for you.
Ok, what should the officer have done differently? How would YOU control a 72 year old woman who thought she was above the law?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:39 PM

258 posts, read 444,127 times
I have always signed my speeding tickets, and always will!!!!!!!!! Has not happened in a long time, and don't plan on lead footing it anytime soon!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinite45 View Post
what do you mean by "out of control"?

do you mean one who is drunk? who can't walk straight? who is talking nonsense? or one who is playing with AK-47 or 30,000 pounds of TNT?

what is it?
It could include all of the above. Drunk and belligerent, aggressive, yelling/screaming, is armed with anything. Hey, we are in Texas and there could be someone out in the woods somewhere with heavy artillery and TNT...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin