Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 09:41 AM

152 posts, read 186,129 times

Advertisements

Just wondered if anyone who has Geico or Progressive homeowner insurance had to replace their roofs from the hail damage several months ago? If so, any problems dealing with Geico or Progressive?

Skeptical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 09:47 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,058,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical View Post
Just wondered if anyone who has Geico or Progressive homeowner insurance had to replace their roofs from the hail damage several months ago? If so, any problems dealing with Geico or Progressive?

Skeptical
What problems are you having?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:17 PM

152 posts, read 186,129 times
I currently live in Arizona and have never had a homeowners claim. I'm moving to Austin in a couple of weeks and am considering using Geico for both my homeowners and car insurance to save some money.

I've never had any personal experience with Geico and am just looking for someone who has.

Skeptical

Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,121,030 times
Haven't dealt with the home aspect of it, but Progressive was insanely easy regarding getting my car repaired from hail damage. I was impressed by their customer service because they kept calling to give me updates during the whole process of getting the car repaired.

I've heard horror stories about Progressive, as you do with all big insurance providers, but I have yet to experience anything of that sort with them.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:30 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Just remember that insurance policies here have a separate deductible for wind/hail damage. You might think you are getting a policy with a $1000 deductible, but they might not mention that the hail/wind deductible is 2% or something. It'll be in the paperwork, of course... but definitely ask when you are shopping for policies, as wind/hail it is most likely the type of claim you will have to make.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:19 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,058,220 times
I have Texas Farm Bureau for my house and car. When we had that really bad hail storm back at the end of March of this year, I ended up with some hail damage on my roof.

They paid with NO problems. I didn't pay a dime out of my pocket for the roof, and actually ended up with a little extra after all was said and done!

Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
My daughter very recently had an accident where no tickets were given. At worse it was a case of both drivers being inattentive but at best it was a case of the other car failing to yield to traffic on their right. Even given these facts, Progressive immediately canceled my daughter and refused to pay for the damages to her vehicle.

Based on this event, and the horror stories I now read online, I wouldn't trust Progressive Insurance to insure my concrete basement from a hail storm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: