Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:41 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,130,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudd View Post
So my family's lived here for the better part of 2 years now, and we're finally able to get out a little and try some places out to eat now that our daughter's a little older and easier to take out.

I'm looking for some suggestions in the north suburbs areas. I live in Georgetown, but we are in Round Rock and Cedar Park as well as North Austin (call it Parmer Lane and north from there), as well as Pflugerville all the time.

We're finally finding some of the local "treasure" places, like Round Rock Donuts (which are amazing), as well as some other favorites like Domenick's Pizzaria in Cedar Park, Lucky Dog in Round Rock, Freddie's Frozen Custard in Cedar Park, Shakes in Georgetown, Kerby Lane, and Duke's Smokehouse in Georgetown (seriously the best breakfast tacos ever - makes Rudy's taste like McDonalds, and I love me some Rudy's).

What are some other suggestions? Not necessarily the big diner places or fancy restaurants, just fun places to hit and get some top notch grub when the desire hits. It seems like all we can think of is the chain places, the Applebees and Chipotles and Papa John's places, when we get a chance to get out for food.

Gumbos is great and the round rock location has live music on the patio on weekends. They also have crawfish boils in season.

Main street grill in downtown round rock is the "nicest" restaurant that I have found in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
The red place on 79 is The Red Wagon. I haven't been there in a while, but they have really good hamburgers. We used to go from time to time when we were coming back from the Lake. I forgot to mention our little local place, The Texan Cafe...downtown Hutto. It was written up in Texas Monthly as one of the best small town cafes using fresh ingredients, not frozen shipped in stuff.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:59 PM

291 posts, read 800,755 times
Dots in Pflugerville - GREAT down home cookin'
Chuy's in Round Rock - not as good as the other locations, but I like their tortilla soup better than any other place in town. Also, they have the best chile rellenos - at least the are most like chile rellenos I love in Santa Fe.
Salt Lick by the Dell Diamond. I haven't tried it but I've been told it is good. I've only eaten at the original in Driftwood
Vasquez - it's a little farther south, on Braker, just east of I35. Best Mexican breakfast in town.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,855 times
Default Best Burger in Leander

Burger Central about 1/2 mile north of Crystal Falls Parkway. Quite possibly the best burger in Texas.... its gotta be the best for you. 100% grass fed beef. AND now they serve breakfast daily and make the beef into beef sausage. Had a sausage biscuit the other day and it was delish. Actually, I haven't had anything there I don't like... Oh yeah and with 16 flavors of Blue Bell, well you just can't go wrong. They stay open on Friday nights until 11pm.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:40 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
DW and I had our Anniversa-lunch Friday at Wildfire off the G-town square. It was our first visit to the square and the trip was most enjoyable. Wildfire has very reasonable lunch prices and the carrot cake with icing and TWO drizzles was worth the extra thousand calories!!! Four thumbs up!

Old 10-26-2009, 02:57 PM

372 posts, read 1,149,278 times
A little bit further south in Pflugerville is Dot's Place. Fantastic soul food. I live in Round Rock and will go out of my way to eat at Dot's. Other favorites:
Tex Mex: Casa Garcias in Round Rock just north of 79 on the I35 feeder
Seafood (especially raw oysters): Pacific Star in Round Rock behind Dairy Queen on 79
Burgers: Mighty Fine in Round Rock near IKEA (best burgers I've ever had)
Cajun: Louisiana Longhorn Cafe in downtown Round Rock, Gumbos near 620 and I35 in Round Rock
BBQ: Salt Lick next to the Dell Diamond although I still prefer the original, Rudy's, Smokey Mo's behind the Outback in Round Rock
Chicken Wings: Plucker's in Round Rock or Fowlers in Cedar Park

Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 PM

433 posts, read 1,658,068 times
There opening a Moonies Burgers in the shopping mall by 183 & Anderson Mill (behind Burger King).

Old 10-26-2009, 11:34 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,125,137 times
For a good (IMHO) hole in the wall Mexican place in Cedar Park on 183 called Corona Jardin. we like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin