Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:27 AM

433 posts, read 1,657,910 times

Advertisements

Trying to find the exact location on Google Maps.

Is it east or west of Toro Grande Blvd (I'm assuming it's on the north side of 1431)? Will it extend north all the way to Co Rd 179?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,020,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankaupas View Post
Ouch, I thought the season passes would be more like what we paid for Sea World which was like $60 per pass. No way will I pay $129 per season pass. They are offering $2 off if you order online.
Would you still consider it a benefit to have in your vicinity?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:29 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
That's the problem. Very few people living in the city where it is being built (Cedar Park) are going to be affected by it. Those of us that live in West Round Rock will see the majority of the traffic as we live right on 1431 in-between I-35 and the proposed site. My guess is that we'll have to ask the city of Round Rock, but since we're in an unincorporated area of Round Rock, we don't really get any Round Rock services anyway. For example, we can't use the Round Rock library for free even though our address is in Round Rock. Round Rock police does not patrol our neighborhoods (Wilco Sheriff does), etc.

I actually don't have a problem with it going in. I would be happier if it wasn't right there, but that's where it's going. I'm worried that the stretch of 1431 between I-35 and Parmer is now going to be a death trap (more than it already is). There is no avoiding 1431 for those of us that live in Mayfield Ranch, Stone Oak, Vista Oaks, Sendero Springs, etc. If we all start taking Sam Bass to get out of the area towards I-35, then there will really be some traffic jams in that area. We won't know until it goes in, but at this point I think a lack of information from the planners on how/if they plan to upgrade the streets in Round Rock to handle the additional traffic is the main problem.
I agree Mark. I would think that the "worst" traffic would occur east of the park on 1431.

A couple of CP residents (who live just south of the park) were expressing worry about people cutting thru their area etc. (Which is why i suggested they visit with their local pols). I don't the traffic south of the park, except on Parmer & the toll road at those same times.... would be as much of an issue. (At least not as much of an issue as the huge traffic on summer Sat. & Sunday afternoons on 1431).

Regarding the APs. I had mentioned this previously:

6 FLAGS SELLS CHEAP ANNUAL PASSES & THEN TEENS (ARE DROPPED THERE) & HANG OUT THERE IN THE EVENING LIKE AT A MALL. SCHLITTERBAHN USUALLY HAS A HIGHER PRICED AP.

I want to think that the adult APs (if you buy them early) were about $100 - $120 & the kids were about $80 - $90. Still a steal if you use it often. & the fact that it's a little higher, DOES keep some the riff raff out. For us it was a slam dunk....we'd visit 10-12 times a year (usually for 3-5 hours during off times). Plus we'd bring our food & drink in.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:48 AM

372 posts, read 1,149,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Would you still consider it a benefit to have in your vicinity?
Personally, I like the idea of having it in the vicinity. I was hoping for more when they built the Rock N River waterpark in Round Rock. That place is a just a glorified city pool with a couple of slides. But I have been there many times because my kids love the water and there is only so many times we can go to the neighborhood pool without getting bored with it. I'm kind of on the fence about what it will do to property values. With the water park coming to that area, it will attract alot more businesses which generally increases property values. But the increased traffic might have a negative affect as well. I could also see alot of people avoiding the area when house shopping which might make it harder to resell your home when the time comes.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:58 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,124,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnj07 View Post
Trying to find the exact location on Google Maps.

Is it east or west of Toro Grande Blvd (I'm assuming it's on the north side of 1431)? Will it extend north all the way to Co Rd 179?
The area that is planned is bounded West by Toro Canyon, East by Railey Rd, South by Railey Rd, North by 1431

Old 02-02-2010, 11:58 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,020,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankaupas View Post
Personally, I like the idea of having it in the vicinity. I was hoping for more when they built the Rock N River waterpark in Round Rock. That place is a just a glorified city pool with a couple of slides. But I have been there many times because my kids love the water and there is only so many times we can go to the neighborhood pool without getting bored with it. I'm kind of on the fence about what it will do to property values. With the water park coming to that area, it will attract alot more businesses which generally increases property values. But the increased traffic might have a negative affect as well. I could also see alot of people avoiding the area when house shopping which might make it harder to resell your home when the time comes.
a little perspective: look on Trulia.com at home prices within the vicinity of the new 1Billion dollar Cowboy Stadium in Arlington. You can still find houses for 60K-100K (some within 3 blocks of the stadium). I think this park is good for the northern metro, and to a lesser extent the metro in general, but people in the immediate vicinity of this park need not to be naive about what impact this could have, especially those in Mayfield Ranch. They are surrounded by what will be a traffic-filled artery on the south, a quarry to the east, empty farmland to the north, and this 95 acre park to the west. The homeowners in this development may get more than they bargained for.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:05 PM

As far as property values, I think there will be boundries created where the homes/developments closest to the park experience property value decreases for all of the reasons stated previously, whether they be fact or perception (and we all know that perception is reality).

However, the properties far enough away from the traffic, yet within relative proximity of the park, will experience property value increases. In other words, it nice to be close, but not that close. I can also see people who like the area moving to the outskirts of the park, thus, another reason for increased properties values just outside the high-traffic areas.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:27 PM

130 posts, read 386,557 times
pbnj07 - rightly said. Pretty darn sure, 1431 needs major upgrade...Oh man - Parmer requires some major overhauling as well. (How about something like I35 in downtown,like 2 storied Parmer all the way
until 1431 and Parmer intersection from 290 & Parmer - Other end). Its pretty funny that permits are given based on land availability and not the infrastructure to reach the land/venue that is proposed for development.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:36 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
The cheap homes were there before the Cowboy stadium was built.

I think a better comparison would be the area around Fiesta Texas (which has held it's own in property values).

The area around the NB Schlitterbahn is so diverse (because it's a small town) you can go from 80K to 250K to 650K in two - three blocks....so not a good one to compare it to. (Plus the town was there 150 years before the park).

Old 02-02-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
a little perspective: look on Trulia.com at home prices within the vicinity of the new 1Billion dollar Cowboy Stadium in Arlington. You can still find houses for 60K-100K (some within 3 blocks of the stadium).
I'm not quite sure about your comparison. For the most part, Cowboy Stadium only hosts about 10 football games per year (8 regular season games; 2 pre-season). The new waterpark will be open all-week and all-year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin