Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 10:55 AM

959 posts, read 4,493,817 times

Advertisements

Hi all We were originally planning to buy 1 1/2 yrs ago when we moved to the area but lost a bidding war on a house and decided to rent instead. We're now under contract on a house in Ranch at Cypress Creek and was hoping for some insight on:

1/ The Neighborhood

- I was curious what the social committee plans - playgroups, ladies nights, etc. Is there a feeling of community? I'm used to living in much smaller neighborhoods.

2/ MUD vs Cedar Park

- I've heard that you have to pay to use the CP libraries if you live in the MUD Do you have to pay extra to use the Cedar Park city pool or do you pay like a resident? Are there any other implications I should know about? How does recycling work? Also have heard that the neighborhood may be annexed into CP next year - is this a good thing or bad thing? Going to happen or just a maybe?

3/ Deer Creek Elementary
- I've heard and read a mix of reviews - biggest concern seems to be that it's crowded. How does that impact the students? Any other pros/cons?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or insight

Last edited by Indigoblue; 04-25-2010 at 11:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Wow I guess Deer Creek and Ranch at Cypress Creek residents don't frequent the forums :/

Old 04-27-2010, 12:48 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,466,427 times
Hi Indigoblue, you've picked a great area! I can answer a couple of questions for you. If you're not in the city limits, the library and pool will cost. Swim lessons, sports camps and other things through the city will cost more, too. But the library isn't that much (it used to be $25 a year for the family, $15 for individual). The city pool isn't much either, but your MUD taxes should include use of the neighborhood pool. A crowded elementary school isn't a problem for kids. Parent's will have trouble finding parking during open house and rainy day pick-up will be a hassle. But class sizes/teacher ratios are the same as the other schools. Besides, LISD opens schools all the time and school sizes change every year or so. Congratulations on the new house!

Old 04-27-2010, 04:22 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,121,030 times
Entrance to the city pools will cost you money regardless of whether you're a resident or not. You'll just pay less if you live in Cedar Park. If Ranch at Cypress Creek has a pool, they may or may not charge you for use of it, too.

The library should be free. They usually just want proof that you live in the city (like your driver's license). I lived in a MUD previously in Austin and had no issues at all joining their library.

As for recycling, you should contact your MUD to find out their policies: Ranch at Cypress Creek Municipal Utility District No. 1

Old 04-29-2010, 01:19 PM

Thank you!! Afaik there is no neighborhood pool - I don't suppose the public Elizabeth Milburn pool counts being inside the neighborhood, hmm, guess that's something I need to look into further.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:09 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,466,427 times
I just read in this week's Hill Country News that Cedar Park removed The Ranch at Cypress Creek from its 3 yr annexation plan.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:41 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,653,212 times
I think the Library is going to cost ya.$35 for a year or you can go to Austin Public Library and get a card there which is free to Texas residents and then get a Tex share card and take it to Cedar Park and they give you a card for free. Legwork but its free and its always nice to have a larger system to use if needed.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:31 PM

I've found some more info from other sources so figured I'd come back to share since these city data threads are searchable for eternity.

While this was not always the case, Ranch at Cypress Creek people can now use all Cedar Park pools, libraries, classes etc and pay the same rates as Cedar Park residents.

They are no longer on the three year annexation plan, both Cedar Park and the MUD wanted more time before annexation for different reasons.

Deer Creek Elementary was overcrowded at one time before two new elementary schools were built (one or two years ago?). Now that those children have all moved to their new neighborhood schools, there is more breathing room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: