Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:45 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Lindo View Post
Wow!!! Im black american and Im still shaking my head.
Racism rears its ugly head in C-D. Not a pretty sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 04:44 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
I'm still trying to figure out what the point of the thread was

Old 02-21-2011, 06:13 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,954,330 times
A persons views with regards to how Aboriginals are viewed in Australia depends a lot on locality.
The less interaction,like say in Melbourne,seems to result in rather opposite views that say a person may hold living in Alice Springs,Darwin for example.

There are very serious social problems in areas with higher Aboriginal density, which there would appear to be a total lack of ideas by all involved in reaching any durable solutions.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:03 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
A persons views with regards to how Aboriginals are viewed in Australia depends a lot on locality.
The less interaction,like say in Melbourne,seems to result in rather opposite views that say a person may hold living in Alice Springs,Darwin for example.
I agree this is the case. I have friends from Sydney and Melbourne who said that once they moved to Perth they had their eyes opened and it wasn't a pleasant experience. We can't help it if we can't drum up warm and fuzzy feelings for people with a propensity for physical violence or very threatening and ugly language. It wouldn't matter who they were or what colour.

My son being mugged twice by Aboriginals in the middle of the day within the space of 20 minutes had his view rearranged towards a more negative one. Another time, he was standing outside a shop with his best mate, minding their own business when an Aboriginal ran up to them and punched his mate in the nose, breaking it, called them white c***s and ran off. Just randomly out of nowhere. He also deals with them brazenly stealing from the supermarket he works part-time in, yelling at him that he's a white c*** who stole from them so that's why they steal from him (whites). He feels sorry for them, the 9 year olds who aren't in school, instead stealing for no reason other than their elders messed up their heads with that sort of stupid, destructive thinking. Another lost generation. One of many.

Quote:
There are very serious social problems in areas with higher Aboriginal density, which there would appear to be a total lack of ideas by all involved in reaching any durable solutions.
Insisting they live like museum artifacts in the past is one idea that obviously hasn't worked and is in fact horribly degrading and destructive, i.e., their closed, traditional communities out in the middle of absolute dry hot nowhere with nothing to do other than abuse themselves and each other. Time to get rid of that idea, imo. But I'm apparently "racist" for suggesting such a preposterous idea.

My view of them: I'm afraid of them and I feel despair for them. They're going nowhere. Thanks to us - the do-gooders and the parasitic activist industry that feeds off this issue and needs it to never be solved.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,954,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
I agree this is the case. I have friends from Sydney and Melbourne who said that once they moved to Perth they had their eyes opened and it wasn't a pleasant experience. We can't help it if we can't drum up warm and fuzzy feelings for people with a propensity for physical violence or very threatening and ugly language. It wouldn't matter who they were or what colour.

My son being mugged twice by Aboriginals in the middle of the day within the space of 20 minutes had his view rearranged towards a more negative one. Another time, he was standing outside a shop with his best mate, minding their own business when an Aboriginal ran up to them and punched his mate in the nose, breaking it, called them white c***s and ran off. Just randomly out of nowhere. He also deals with them brazenly stealing from the supermarket he works part-time in, yelling at him that he's a white c*** who stole from them so that's why they steal from him (whites). He feels sorry for them, the 9 year olds who aren't in school, instead stealing for no reason other than their elders messed up their heads with that sort of stupid, destructive thinking. Another lost generation. One of many.

Insisting they live like museum artifacts in the past is one idea that obviously hasn't worked and is in fact horribly degrading and destructive, i.e., their closed, traditional communities out in the middle of absolute dry hot nowhere with nothing to do other than abuse themselves and each other. Time to get rid of that idea, imo. But I'm apparently "racist" for suggesting such a preposterous idea.

My view of them: I'm afraid of them and I feel despair for them. They're going nowhere. Thanks to us - the do-gooders and the parasitic activist industry that feeds off this issue and needs it to never be solved.
Indeed. All very valid points. The rot has been going on far too long and folk,and here i refer to all races should not have to put up with such behaviour.

Not sure how many know how bad it is in Alice Springs,but it appears to have worsened since 97 when i worked up there and then it was bad enough.

Now there is talk of white flight. The centre is dangerous at night and the tourist industry is impacted.

A number of other places have similar if perhaps not quite as severe problems,as Alice is a major centre.

Wrote with regards to Perth on a previous thread on here and yes it is bad.No one is trying to say that it is only Aboriginal involement in such incidents as it clearly isn't,but what is also clear is the percentage is way above their actual numbers in the overall population.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:54 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,597 times
Quote:
Indeed. All very valid points. The rot has been going on far too long and folk,and here i refer to all races should not have to put up with such behaviour.

Not sure how many know how bad it is in Alice Springs,but it appears to have worsened since 97 when i worked up there and then it was bad enough.

Now there is talk of white flight. The centre is dangerous at night and the tourist industry is impacted.

A number of other places have similar if perhaps not quite as severe problems,as Alice is a major centre.

Wrote with regards to Perth on a previous thread on here and yes it is bad.No one is trying to say that it is only Aboriginal involement in such incidents as it clearly isn't,but what is also clear is the percentage is way above their actual numbers in the overall population.
Yes, it's the proportion that's way out of whack. Sure, the average white yob in or outside a nightclub, completely blottoed out of their skull, can be a danger too, and often is, but in vastly smaller percentages. And at least you know where to be wary in that case, what to look for.

I've heard real bad stories about Alice, from people who've been through there. It's so sad really. And frustrating. We trust our politicians to deal with it, because we can't individually fix it, but it's just going absolutely nowhere.

Here in W.A., they're shutting down one of those failed communities of despair (are there any that are not failures?). Maybe they should look at the Navajo method - dry communities and commerce/industry. Humans need something to do and create and if Aboriginals are not going to go back to the traditional hunter gatherer lifestyle (and I don't blame them for not) they need something else to occupy their minds and hands with, to feel proud of. Sitting out on your traditional land isn't enough. So what, you're there, now what? I'd go insane from the boredom.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 AM

i know its small but...

Largest ever intake of Indigenous medical students announced

Its a worry that young Aboriginal men seem to only break out through playing AFL or other sport. They need more than that.

I think we've learnt from the past (i hope!) and I hope the Indigenous Australians have too.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 AM

53 posts, read 106,980 times
I've never seen an Aboriginal professional...

(Doctors, dentists, engineerings, lawyer etc.)

Not to say they dont exist, but I've never met one personally.
I've seen a few lawyers but they are mainly white, and you can't tell they are aboriginal.

At least in America even with the crime rates of the black community, there are a lot of african american professionals...

Here in Australia we have **** all aboriginals contributing towards society.

No offence but the majority of them are dragging the country down to be honest and put it out there. They need to get off their ass and start contributing. Yes, you were stripped of your lands and your ancestors killed, but we said sorry, and we've given you how many generations worth of welfare now...and you still sit on your ass's and discriminate and cause crime...yet you say we discriminate against you.
If you contributed like every other race that now calls Australia home, and not give your own race a bad name, then we wouldn't have a reason to discriminate would we...
/rant xD

my 2 cents, got a bit passionate there but I was speaking my mind.

Anyone feel free to object to what i said

Old 02-22-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJunior View Post
I've never seen an Aboriginal professional...

(Doctors, dentists, engineerings, lawyer etc.)

Not to say they dont exist, but I've never met one personally.
I've seen a few lawyers but they are mainly white, and you can't tell they are aboriginal.

At least in America even with the crime rates of the black community, there are a lot of african american professionals...

Here in Australia we have **** all aboriginals contributing towards society.

No offence but the majority of them are dragging the country down to be honest and put it out there. They need to get off their ass and start contributing. Yes, you were stripped of your lands and your ancestors killed, but we said sorry, and we've given you how many generations worth of welfare now...and you still sit on your ass's and discriminate and cause crime...yet you say we discriminate against you.
If you contributed like every other race that now calls Australia home, and not give your own race a bad name, then we wouldn't have a reason to discriminate would we...
/rant xD

my 2 cents, got a bit passionate there but I was speaking my mind.

Anyone feel free to object to what i said
Well mate I hope you feel the same way about the white trash that sit on their a$$es thinking this country owes them something.

Okay - please let the successful aboriginals know that all their hard work was for nought. After all there are **** all contributing.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:47 PM

885 posts, read 1,553,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJunior View Post
No offence but the majority of them are dragging the country down to be honest and put it out there.
How are they dragging the country down when they're only less than 2% of the Australian population?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand