Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 11:05 PM

4 posts, read 5,366 times

Advertisements

RI woman found dead, mutilated in Brisbane | The Jakarta Post

Mayang Prasetyo murdered and cooked by Marcus Volke who then slashed his throat* | Daily Mail Online

An Indonesian woman found dead is believed to have been killed and mutilated by her boyfriend, an Australian national, in Brisbane. Both were working as cooks on a cruise ship and were reportedly enjoying vacation at their apartment in Brisbane after traveling to several countries at the time of the incident.

The Foreign Ministry’s director for legal aid and protection of Indonesian nationals overseas, Tatang Razak, said the ministry had been notified by the Indonesian embassy in Canberra.

“I’ve been informed about the case and it is still being handled,” he said as quoted by kompas.com in Jakarta on Monday.

The murder of the Indonesian woman, which was allegedly perpetrated by her Australian partner, Marcus Peter Volke, came to light around 9 p.m. local time on Saturday. “The perpetrator was found dead and it was alleged that he committed suicide. We are investigating the case and we have categorized them as murder and suicide cases,” said a Queensland Police spokesperson in The Courier-Mail as quoted by kompas.com.

The daily tabloid newspaper reported that residents living near the apartment where Volke and his girlfriend were living had been complaining of a foul smell emanating from the apartment since last Thursday.

Shortly after receiving the residents’ complaints on Saturday, the police raided Volke’s apartment, during which he managed to evade arrest and escape.

In the apartment, the police found parts of human flesh, some of which had been placed on a stove.

Volke was later found dead n several hundred meters away from his apartment with wounds on his neck. He is suspected of having committed suicide.

Dorothy Volke, Vokle's mother, was shocked by news of the incident, as reported by tempo.co. A week before prior, Volke contacted his mother over the phone. In their conversation, Volke said he would return to Australia to celebrate Christmas and that he would bring his Indonesian girlfriend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 11:08 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,008,764 times
Don't know what the point of this is, but it's in the wrong forum. Australia has its own forum

Old 10-07-2014, 05:22 AM

372 posts, read 1,009,466 times
Harianto ..Stop making annoying news story.
Do not bring INDONESIA into your topic !!!

Old 10-07-2014, 09:26 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,492,618 times
It's horrific but such a weird story. They weren't your normal couple by any stretch. There is no way to have any comprehension about this type of thing.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:44 PM

4,265 posts, read 4,936,807 times
I guess it gives new meaning to the phrase "meat and two veg".

Old 10-07-2014, 11:10 PM

4 posts, read 5,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
Harianto ..Stop making annoying news story.
Yah,I understand and apologize for this post because I know is something news very sensitive even murder extremely cruelly and tragic and could not welcome in common sense. Once again excuse me.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:31 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,234,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handrianto_Hupz View Post
Volke contacted his mother over the phone. In their conversation, Volke said he would return to Australia to celebrate Christmas and that he would bring his Indonesian girlfriend.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:06 AM

372 posts, read 1,009,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handrianto_Hupz View Post
Yah,I understand and apologize for this post because I know is something news very sensitive even murder extremely cruelly and tragic and could not welcome in common sense. Once again excuse me.
Nope,ga apa2 kok .I really a shock and reading the news, in Indonesia was uproar this news .. Mayang she came from a poor family from lampung, Sumatra and went to Australia to find work earn a living to pay for the life of mother and sister were still school he frequently send money and build a house for his mother, and she had lied to her mother when in Australia he worked as a chef in the international ship turns out he worked as PSK,she mother was shocked and devastated, It all of because dishonesty, I think maybe her spouse was doing things that is not fair because the pain with dishonesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand