Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 10:11 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,954,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Those things are terrible. Thankfully, I live in a suburb where such ugliness is banned.
I disagree but each to their own. In fact increasingly suburbs are blighted by differing forms of housing construction not at all conducive to their surroundings. Double story next to single and no since of cohesion. Taste there very poor but ostentatious displays seem to reflect a type of pride. Totally out of character with the nature of the burb. There's the ugliness that should be banned. Not a few shutters which besides looking okay actually perform a function.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 10:35 PM

4,227 posts, read 4,891,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
I disagree but each to their own. In fact increasingly suburbs are blighted by differing forms of housing construction not at all conducive to their surroundings. Double story next to single and no since of cohesion. Taste there very poor but ostentatious displays seem to reflect a type of pride. Totally out of character with the nature of the burb. There's the ugliness that should be banned. Not a few shutters which besides looking okay actually perform a function.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. They make an already drab, brick house look like a prison. Get double glazing if you're worried about insulation, don't make your neighbours have to look at those things.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. They make an already drab, brick house look like a prison. Get double glazing if you're worried about insulation, don't make your neighbours have to look at those things.
Nope mine look great. As away a lot adds to security as well. Some of the grandiose sentiment of surrounding neighbours more akin to penal detention in my view.
Any friendly meth labs in your hood? Glad to say my neighbourhood service has gone into hibernation and yes can take some responsibility towards that.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Any friendly meth labs in your hood?
Nah. I live in the inner-Eastern suburbs of Sydney it's well and truly cocaine country, a long with the rest of the eastern suburbs/inner west.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Nah. I live in the inner-Eastern suburbs of Sydney it's well and truly cocaine country, a long with the rest of the eastern suburbs/inner west.
Sort of fits with the Sydney scene I suppose, regardless of how passé coc has become. Big deal in the eighties in London and NY. Anyway my neighbourhood meth lab appears to have quietened down after a little interventio0n.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Sort of fits with the Sydney scene I suppose, regardless of how passé coc has become. Big deal in the eighties in London and NY. Anyway my neighbourhood meth lab appears to have quietened down after a little interventio0n.
Coke is huge in London. I'd say Sydney is becoming as coke obsessed as London. According to Wikipedia England and Wales have the second highest cocaine use rates in the world. Not as passe as you might think.

Good news on the methlab.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:35 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,954,632 times
Quote:
Not the thread for free endorsement. Although if going as well as claimed, it begs the question just why are you attempting to flog it on such a forum?
I just want people to be proud of my achievements.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Coke is huge in London. I'd say Sydney is becoming as coke obsessed as London. According to Wikipedia England and Wales have the second highest cocaine use rates in the world. Not as passe as you might think.

Good news on the methlab.
I believe it is the territory of a lot of those high earning banking wallahs. No one I know to my knowledge still snorts the stuff. Too expensive probably for the average Joe, but meth likely more within reach.
Whatever happened to the days when it was mainly a bit of good honest Moroccan?

I'm not holding my breath with my friendly neighbouring meth lab but some respect appears to have been established. I had a knock on my door at 6 in the morning the other day and what could have turned out very nasty seems to have arrived with compromise. (My observations had been noted )

Old 07-11-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
I just want people to be proud of my achievements.
I'm sure they'll be ecstatic at your business attribute and community service. I suspect my friendly neighbour hood outfit will want reassurance that you are not encroaching on their territory. Otherwise 'the boys' may call around suggesting business alternatives possibly more conductive to ongoing good health.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I believe it is the territory of a lot of those high earning banking wallahs.
It's actually changing. It used to be the champagne drug, but everyone does it now, like in Spain or the UK.

Quote:
"It’s fair to say cocaine has become less of an elitist drug than it was perceived to be two-to-five years ago. There was always this perception you would only get cocaine in certain socio-economic groups but more recent data bears out that it is no longer that way."

Drug and Firearms Squad commander Detective Acting Superintendent Jayne Doherty said there were still stigmas and trends linked to certain drugs that impacted the way users engaged with illicit substances.

"If you're talking about drugs people consider to be party drugs, a lot of people in that scene don't really see an issue in it. So they are less clandestine ... in their use," she said.
Quote:
Whatever happened to the days when it was mainly a bit of good honest Moroccan?
I guess you're either someone who likes uppers or likes downers. The few times I've tried weed I've just wanted to go to sleep. My days of experimenting are over though.

Quote:
I'm not holding my breath with my friendly neighbouring meth lab but some respect appears to have been established. I had a knock on my door at 6 in the morning the other day and what could have turned out very nasty seems to have arrived with compromise. (My observations had been noted )
Good. We don't need that stuff in our cities. It's an absolute disaster in rural Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand