Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 05:48 PM

4,239 posts, read 4,909,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Well for starters we in Australia have never had a government voted in by true democracy in the way of proportional representation.
Thank God for that. I shudder thinking about One Nation having 7-8 seats and Fat Clive's Party with 6 or so and strong arming the LNP into some grotesque coalition of stupidity. If you want to buy your way into parliament, proportional representation is your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 02:56 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,332,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Please feel free to write your fourth sentence in English and I can then determine whether or not I agree with it.

The red, white and blue in the US national flag are from the Union Jack. Americans have warm feelings towards the UK (just look at poll results) and Australians and New Zealanders do as well.
I see there are a few grammar mistakes in my last post lol, sorry. If your not able to comprehend my post however thats on you. Also what has the warm feelings that some Americans or Australians have for the UK got to do with a debate about it's flag? If you believe that the only reason the flag of OZ and NZ hasn't changed and a republic hasn't yet been formed is because of some feelings of attachment to the UK you are very much mistaken.

The US went to WAR with the UK for it's independence and later in the 1812 war. The very formation of the US was built on blood spilt by both sides. I can assure you therefore the warm feelings Americans have today for the UK is no different to what they feel for the Irish, the French, Australians, Germans etc. The US certainly does not resemble the UK in any way and has a very different governmental strcuture. Please understand people outside the UK don't really care about the UK mate. That's why discussions Like this are taking place. Australia is a very different country today from it's colonial past.

Last edited by Paddy234; 10-03-2022 at 03:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand