Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times

Advertisements

Although I admire Jimmy, Chad and the 48 team for their 5 championships and they are well deserving in their place in Nascar lore, it is time for a new Champion and face of Nascar.

Jimmy is the perfect Champion and spokesman. But we have all seen Nascar's numbers dwindle as the 48 team's trophy case kept getting bigger.

Brad is the new fresh face kid on the block who can help turn Nascar around. He may not be as polished as Jimmy, but I think most fans want a good 'ole boy type of racer like Brad that could bring a whole new number of fans to the sport.

Brad may be able to bring in new sponsors, excite young future drivers and young fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 04:24 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,739,153 times
Brad Keselowski will not finish the race in Homestead. MARK IT DOWN!

Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Although I admire Jimmy, Chad and the 48 team for their 5 championships and they are well deserving in their place in Nascar lore, it is time for a new Champion and face of Nascar.

Jimmy is the perfect Champion and spokesman. But we have all seen Nascar's numbers dwindle as the 48 team's trophy case kept getting bigger.

Brad is the new fresh face kid on the block who can help turn Nascar around. He may not be as polished as Jimmy, but I think most fans want a good 'ole boy type of racer like Brad that could bring a whole new number of fans to the sport.

Brad may be able to bring in new sponsors, excite young future drivers and young fans.
JJ is too vanilla, plain white paper, why not many have given him much credit for what he has accomplished.
Should Brad win the championship he will go down as the one who denied JJ his 6th title and that could be good for arm chair racing.
As long as Brad doesn't have a Denny moment he should wrap it up.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,920,209 times
Although I get tired of BK shooting his mouth at times, I WELCOME the thought of him winning the trophy this year. He's a hard driver, he's got talent, and he doesn't seem to wilt when the spotlight is on.

I also think it would be great to have a Dodge win the Cup and it will be good to see Penske get his trophy from someone other than Rusty or Newman.

Disclaimer... This is coming from someone who cheers for 3 out of 4 Hendrick cars on a regular basis. I don't like the 48 driver or team.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,900,657 times
Love him or hate him, Keselowski can wheel a car. I personally don't mind his attitude. It's nowhere near as annoying as Kurt constantly berating everyone and acting like a 3-year-old or Kyle's occasional fits of condescending smarminess.

Brad's on the verge of giving Roger Penske the final feather in his cap - a NASCAR championship. Bobby Allison, Rusty Wallace, Jeremy Mayfield, Ryan Newman, and Kurt Busch couldn't do that.

What makes their accomplishments this season more impressive is the fact that they've had to deal with the distraction of shutting down their Dodge program and ramping up their Ford program as well as the AJ Allmendinger saga.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
i think BK will make a fine champion, if he doesnt lose it at homestead.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,395,326 times
Will he make a good champ, why not?
He may not have the pretty boy good looks like some of the Hendrick drivers but he does have a more energizing personality.

Now that he and Carl have agreed not to try and kill each other I may even cheer for him next season.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:57 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,878,314 times
^^Carl who?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
^^Carl who?
He has rapidly ascended to the top of the "over rated" ladder, so quickly indeed I really can't bust Jr's chops about it anymore.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:41 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,395,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
^^Carl who?
Carl Edwards, the guy who works for the NASCAR owner that was not suspended by NASCAR for illegal business practices.

That Carl who because of an illness to his crew chief has not performed like he did last year or the nine win season a couple of years back.

You don't like Carl, I don't like dishonest owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing