Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 02:41 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,875,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
She has a ride and you don't?
;-)
Best answer so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
So she runs well at plate tracks? See Waltrip, Michael. Terrible on skill tracks, "amazing" on plate tracks.

Denny Hamlin has only started 7 races and he's ahead of Danica in the points.
Until Darlington Tony was just two spots ahead of her in points and Newman about the same in front of Tony. Not exactly chase potential performances from her teammates this season so far either. I'll call it "righting the ship" when Tony knocking down top 10s again.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Why the hell do people whine and moan so much about DP?

Is it an ego thing - does it make you feel superior?

Or maybe it's just envy or jealousy.

For some, complaining about her is a separate sport within the sport of NASCAR.
They are secretly afraid with big $$$$ backing her she might out perform Mr. Over88ted himself.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:17 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
They are secretly afraid with big $$$$ backing her she might out perform Mr. Over88ted himself.
If Junior "sucks" then what pray tell is Danica? 28th in the points with only 2 lead lap finishes in 11 starts isn't exactly amazing.

And please spare me the "she's a rookie" and "she's learning" crap. I can name no fewer than 5 other drivers who were exponentially better than she was during their rookie years.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:08 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Danica Patrick drives like a girl!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
If Junior "sucks" then what pray tell is Danica? 28th in the points with only 2 lead lap finishes in 11 starts isn't exactly amazing.

And please spare me the "she's a rookie" and "she's learning" crap. I can name no fewer than 5 other drivers who were exponentially better than she was during their rookie years.
and you could also name no less than 50 drivers that were worse than her. get over it.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:55 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,498,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and you could also name no less than 50 drivers that were worse than her. get over it.

Yes.. but none of those 50 ever came close to the unwarranted over hype, over coverage bs that gets wasted on her less than average "talent". Theres tons of other good stories that dont get talked about because they are all on her d*ck so much.
She was never even a consistent winner in her junior formulas, nevermind in her pro career. Evenher boss Tony was so pissed at her non skill with traffic so bad at Darlington that he was cussing up a storm saying that if she didnt learn how to race in traffic and stop pissing off everyone else so much he was gonna dump her himself if one of the others didnt get to her first.
Traffic is traffic.. if she hasnt learned more about racing like that in what, almost 30 years or so, she aint gonna get much better..

Just like the last couple years racing of racing for Michael, before long her owners wil soon just be hoping that the marketing/embarressing performance ratio doesnt get TOO far to the bad side.. when they feel that swing then they will start distancing themselves just like what happened to her there.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:39 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
So it's her fault that her name is mentioned in every racing story? I guess I missed the press release stating the drivers tell the media who to spotlight. Geesh!

Old 05-16-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:

Jr. sucks? I said he is overrated, but it's good to know how you feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Got that right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Yes.. but none of those 50 ever came close to the unwarranted over hype, over coverage bs that gets wasted on her less than average "talent". Theres tons of other good stories that dont get talked about because they are all on her d*ck so much.
She was never even a consistent winner in her junior formulas, nevermind in her pro career. Evenher boss Tony was so pissed at her non skill with traffic so bad at Darlington that he was cussing up a storm saying that if she didnt learn how to race in traffic and stop pissing off everyone else so much he was gonna dump her himself if one of the others didnt get to her first.
Traffic is traffic.. if she hasnt learned more about racing like that in what, almost 30 years or so, she aint gonna get much better..

Just like the last couple years racing of racing for Michael, before long her owners wil soon just be hoping that the marketing/embarressing performance ratio doesnt get TOO far to the bad side.. when they feel that swing then they will start distancing themselves just like what happened to her there.
She has a full time ride in cup and no matter how good or bad she performs she is breaking the mold for every female driver who tried their hand in the Cup series before her and setting the scene for those that may follow.
When Jeff Gordon was winning championships and knocking down 10 wins/season he had many team owners looking at sprint car drivers. Results were mixed from great, to average, to a mistake.
BTW, I'm pretty sure she didn't start driving at 1.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:15 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Dale Jr's popularity is a little different than Danica's. Although his popularity is much higher than his relative success suggests, he is a competitive driver with 19 career wins, who has finished in the top 5 in championship points in the past (and is currently 4th this year).

Compared to Danica he is virtually Richard Petty!

At least with Jr, if you root for him he is going to legitimately be in the discussion for running well during races, winning races, and at least being in the conversation for a title sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
So it's her fault that her name is mentioned in every racing story? I guess I missed the press release stating the drivers tell the media who to spotlight. Geesh!
She works hard to market herself. So in a way, it is partially her intention to get mentioned as much as possible. The more attention she gets, the more she is worth to her sponsors.

She hasn't remained in top tier racing because of her talent. She needs big time sponsor backing, and as long as that (and the money) is there, so will she be.

Last edited by Checkered24; 05-17-2013 at 08:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing