Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 07:52 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Gordon could actually win, plus the press coverage will be huge. No brainer but I'm sure Jr will be back.
Actually, I think Gordon and Sadler are probably on equal footing. Gordon will likely have an adjustment period to the new low downforce package. He has some experience with it last year, but.. He's behind the field right now.

But.. Sadler is approaching the end of his career. If they really wanted to give a shot, they'd keep Bowman in the car.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it'd take long for Gordon to get up to speed.. But, it would take some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 09:13 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,393 times
I don't think Sadler is ever on equal footing with Gordon. lol Gordon is the best driver of his and several other generations. Sadler is a serviceable driver but nothing like JG. I can't see it taking JG very long to be up to speed. He's probably already driven this package and tested it. Either way, I'd trust his car control/knowledge over anyone in the field right now.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:51 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
I don't think Sadler is ever on equal footing with Gordon. lol Gordon is the best driver of his and several other generations. Sadler is a serviceable driver but nothing like JG. I can't see it taking JG very long to be up to speed. He's probably already driven this package and tested it. Either way, I'd trust his car control/knowledge over anyone in the field right now.
It think you mean Gordon was the best driver of his generation, JJ took that title away a few years back. I would take a lot of luck for Gordon to pull off an Indy win this year.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:28 AM

I think he's better than JJ but that's just an opinion of course. I can see folks saying JJ and no issue there. I do agree it would take luck to win - something the 88 ain't got much of this year - but he would have a shot whereas I don't think Sadler would have any shot at winning.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:51 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Gordon could actually win, plus the press coverage will be huge. No brainer but I'm sure Jr will be back.
If Jeff does drive, it will be great for ratings. Heck I will probably watch the full race for the first time this season.

There are rumors that Jr could be out the rest of the season. After the Brickyard, I could see Jeff filling in at Watkins Glenn and Bristol. Possibly Richmond, Charlotte, Martinsville and Homestead.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Evidently the car of the winner of yesterdays race failed post race inspection. If it holds after being rechecked in N.C. the race may go to Stewart.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:27 AM

Do they ever take away wins though? It's usually a suspension for the crew chief and a fine.

Hadn't heard Jr might be out long term. That sucks. If he lost the season I wonder if he'd hang it up for good.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:24 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,722 times
They won't take the win away from Kenseth unless it's something really serious. Even then, it will still show in the record book, he just wouldn't receive any points.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:26 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If Jeff does drive, it will be great for ratings. Heck I will probably watch the full race for the first time this season.

There are rumors that Jr could be out the rest of the season. After the Brickyard, I could see Jeff filling in at Watkins Glenn and Bristol. Possibly Richmond, Charlotte, Martinsville and Homestead.

Where have you heard these rumors? I haven't read anything aside from speculation from fans.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:08 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

Gordon retired because he was on the downside of his career. He could still win almost any race but he is not the same Gordon he was ten years ago.

He was the best driver I ever saw during his prime but he is not even in the top 10 of today's' drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing