Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:34 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times

Advertisements

In the Nationwide race, Kyle got a little to whinny.

I wish these drivers had more nads and would let the other driver get out of their car before getting into their face. Drivers need to take off their helmets too..then let them go at it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 07:33 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,682,160 times
In his interview with Marty Smith he stated that the team is behind him but they wouldn't die for him. I'm wondering if there is something going on between them? If your crew isn't behind you 100% the car will not be 100%.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 AM

555 posts, read 1,573,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsdabeach View Post
In his interview with Marty Smith he stated that the team is behind him but they wouldn't die for him. I'm wondering if there is something going on between them? If your crew isn't behind you 100% the car will not be 100%.
I don't blame them. When Kyle doesn't win and lead every lap, he calls out his crew. Why give the effort if you're going to be insulted by your own driver anyway?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsdabeach View Post
A good leader does not throw his crew under the bus, even when it's the crews fault, he should deflect the blame somewhat.

Carl Edwards is another one of those drivers that seem to blame everything on the crew.

Drivers like Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, etc...will say something like "We" had a bad day today and couldn't get the car to handle right, or "we" had a bad pit stop and may need to work a little harder there.

At least they add themselves to the problem instead of putting it all on the crew.

When they win, they praise their crew first!! That's awesome.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:37 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,999,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wGoshen View Post
I don't blame them. When Kyle doesn't win and lead every lap, he calls out his crew. Why give the effort if you're going to be insulted by your own driver anyway?
If you went to Midas for new tires and one fell off during the ride home, would you blame them or yourself?

I understand there's no "I" in team...sometimes its the driver, sometimes its the crew...sometimes, both...

I play ice hockey, if our goalie gives up 10 goals, he sucks , we lose. Point is, our goalie can take the harsh words, he knows that if he's on we will win.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
If you went to Midas for new tires and one fell off during the ride home, would you blame them or yourself?

I understand there's no "I" in team...sometimes its the driver, sometimes its the crew...sometimes, both...

I play ice hockey, if our goalie gives up 10 goals, he sucks , we lose. Point is, our goalie can take the harsh words, he knows that if he's on we will win.
If Kyle's wheel falls off due to the lug nuts not being on, then yes it's the crew members fault.

Most of the time Kyle is complaining about an ill handling car. That kind of blame can be shared equally by all parties. Maybe Kyle is not telling the crew chief exactly what he needs, etc...

Old 08-17-2009, 02:53 PM

239 posts, read 355,513 times
Maybe he needs a crew /crew chief change. Yeah always blaming the crew/crew chief. Maybe the driver should take the blame now where have i heard that before.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:29 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,999,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If Kyle's wheel falls off due to the lug nuts not being on, then yes it's the crew members fault.

Most of the time Kyle is complaining about an ill handling car. That kind of blame can be shared equally by all parties. Maybe Kyle is not telling the crew chief exactly what he needs, etc...
I hear ya! ... I listen to his radio, loose in, tight center...That's telling them the problem. If they can't fix it, it ain't gonna handle right.

Someone's not getting the job done this year, wherever the blame needs to go, its gotta get fixed FAST

How bad would it be if #18 & #5 dont make the chase? 7 wins between the two...

Old 08-17-2009, 04:20 PM

555 posts, read 1,573,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post

Funny that you mention Midas. I went in for a 2:00 oil change and didn't get out of there until after 4:30 lol.

But that's beside the issue. Kyle's wheels aren't falling off. His cars aren't breaking. He is given cars capable of winning every week in the NWS, and when he finishes second, he chastises his crew for not giving him a good enough car. Do you know how many drivers would give their left nut to just drive that 18 car, let alone finish in the Top 2 11 races in a row?

I think Kyle should shut his mouth and be grateful. He has the best cars and does nothing but complain.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wGoshen View Post
Funny that you mention Midas. I went in for a 2:00 oil change and didn't get out of there until after 4:30 lol.

But that's beside the issue. Kyle's wheels aren't falling off. His cars aren't breaking. He is given cars capable of winning every week in the NWS, and when he finishes second, he chastises his crew for not giving him a good enough car. Do you know how many drivers would give their left nut to just drive that 18 car, let alone finish in the Top 2 11 races in a row?

I think Kyle should shut his mouth and be grateful. He has the best cars and does nothing but complain.
Excellent point about Kyle finishing second. Heck there are some drivers that never, ever finish even in the top 10.

I'm sure there are some guys on his crew that are tired of Kyle's antics and maybe they are not as motivated as they should be.

But if the crew gives you a car that consistently finishes second, then the final link in that chain has to be the driver. Guess he's not able to get one more spot.

Lastly, I hope the #5 and #18 both get in the Chase. Isn't there like a third of the drivers have zero wins in the chase? If the #5 and #18 don't make it, there should be a call for more points for winning next year.

Consistent driving is great, but winning should be most important in NASCAR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing