Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 03:12 PM

148 posts, read 550,308 times

Advertisements

Let the racing begin .People who do not know racing. Think going around on a track is easy, Get a grip. You have to be physcial fit to control stock car going over 150 miles. The money to have a team ,a team in itself has to work as one. For those who think it is easy darlington nascar weekend a sponsor for the number 17 car had a machine where you could set in the driver seat and the computer was set up to almost feel what it was like to be in the driver seat actually racing with other drivers. alot of work and time. Not these games you play on wii or computer. Makes you respect where these drivers are coming from. easy for us to set back and comment
to the new girl on the block you go girl. Hope you get alot of races Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 03:24 PM

Cool Pay back time for all the time all the other drivers had to put up with his crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeeproud View Post
Yes! The year of The Montoya is upon us.

All the other drivers had to put up with his crap. Couldn`t do anything Don`t want nothing bad happen to any but he needs to realize the other drivers hate them or love them respect the other drivers and the sport and last but not least their fans.
There will always be bumping and grinding but he goes out of his way to do it.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:25 AM

180 posts, read 352,390 times
Yes just like he did in practice yesterday spinning Kurt Bush into the wall.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 867 times
yeah there are way to many rules restricting racing from being racing in nascar...

Mod Cut

Last edited by Rance; 02-12-2010 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: No Advertising You First Timer!

Old 02-05-2010, 04:57 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Changing the rules helps but there is still no money right now! It's not just the cr** that NASCAR has delt out, it's also the economy. There are just more important places for our money to be spent then going to see a car race. Just my opinion!

Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 AM

319 posts, read 634,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyofnorth View Post
All the other drivers had to put up with his crap. Couldn`t do anything Don`t want nothing bad happen to any but he needs to realize the other drivers hate them or love them respect the other drivers and the sport and last but not least their fans.
There will always be bumping and grinding but he goes out of his way to do it.
Bah, so did Dale Sr and everybody loved him. It's like any sport, it just depends on if it's your guy on the wrong end of the bad call.

I'm excited, I thought the Shootout was pretty fun on Saturday. It's a nice way to star the season and I liked the fact that it was done at an early hour. I hate those night races that don't start until around 8 CST. Did anybody catch the ARCA race to see Patrick? All I saw was the highlight of her saving the car on the grass. I'll be tuning into the Nationwide Series to catch her debut this weekend. Although it's keeping Kelly Bires at home, which disappoints me.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Oh, was that the ARCA race? I thought it was the Danica Patrick race! She can drive, I'll give her that.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:52 AM

319 posts, read 634,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Oh, was that the ARCA race? I thought it was the Danica Patrick race! She can drive, I'll give her that.

Love her or hate her, she's bringing eyeballs to the sport. Like I said, it's bittersweet to see her move to Nationwide because I wanted Bires to have that ride (I have to pull for the Wisconsin guys), but if it puts butts in the seat and eyes to the tv, then the move did it's job. If she can perform, then it's even better. If she can't peform, she'll wash out and hopefully some of the people that came to see just her will stick around. Sure, the hype can be overbearing, but, speaking for myself anyway, I just tune it out. Trust me, as someone that's watched Brett Favre over the last couple of decades, I can tune out media bs with the best of them.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:44 AM

Number 42 will never be Dale Sr. Nor in the same class as Sr. And there is a differents of those two drivers CLASS 42 goes out to bully Sr. did not neither does the other drivers Everyone knows you get in each other way you get moved over one way or another. rather it is your driver or not. The drivers known this. Fan knows this thats why its called racing. But 42 bullies. Dale Sr. would of never put up with his crap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing