Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:51 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,260,508 times

Advertisements

My GTO was built in Australia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 09:58 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,228,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
I am a close minded old fool, but I have reason to be. How is that 100 year old Honda or Toyota running for ya BTW? LOL Don't get me started kids! LOL
What an irrelevant comment. Honda and Toyota didn't make cars 100 years ago. So there aren't any running.

Oldsmobile existed 100 years ago. But the entire company is gone. Pontiac was founded in 1907. They're gone too.

Doesn't mean jack.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:19 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,603,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Ignorant of what? Is that Ford not 100 years old? Is this thread not was your car made in America? Mine were and per Op I answered the question. Henry Ford says "Roll Over Beethoven and kiss his azz"!
And I can gaurentee that a 100 year old car is not original but has most likely been restored. That said, there are cars over in Europe that are older than the model T and still running so whats your point?

Old 10-08-2010, 10:22 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,713,110 times
neither are made or assembled in the US.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:08 AM

3,511 posts, read 5,314,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
What an irrelevant comment. Honda and Toyota didn't make cars 100 years ago. So there aren't any running.

Oldsmobile existed 100 years ago. But the entire company is gone. Pontiac was founded in 1907. They're gone too.

Doesn't mean jack.
It only means you don't have the age to compare too. That means a lot! It is like the guy who just starts boxing thinking he could beat Muhammad Ali. Know what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And I can gaurentee that a 100 year old car is not original but has most likely been restored. That said, there are cars over in Europe that are older than the model T and still running so whats your point?
I heard about a car from a friend's, friend of his aunt. I know where a Model T sits less than 3 miles from me. Also a '37 Ford truck and a '40 Ford coupe. BTW, rustbelt those classics as well. This isn't a tropical environment with no snow or salt. Of course these cars have been restored. Doesn't a 100 year old man need meds? LMAO No matter what you guys say, the evidence points and proves otherwise.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-27-2010 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: Language

Old 10-08-2010, 01:18 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,487,692 times
What I gather from all this is that we as Americans need to feel superior to the rest of the human beings on the planet? Like we are a higher species so our automobiles are better? So far from the truth. Despite what you have been told growing up, people of all cultures need and deserve to make a living for their families...some of them build auto parts for American cars

Old 10-08-2010, 01:48 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,927,277 times
Subaru = Indiana, in a zero landfill manufacturing plant.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
What I gather from all this is that we as Americans need to feel superior to the rest of the human beings on the planet? Like we are a higher species so our automobiles are better? So far from the truth. Despite what you have been told growing up, people of all cultures need and deserve to make a living for their families...some of them build auto parts for American cars
Yeah, and they are replacing jobs that are own people should and could be doing in the process. I don't worry or care one lick about them. I care about myself and the rest of the people effected in this depression, hell it isn't a recession, it is a depression. Call it what it really is. Unemployment is over 20% here. Now I know that doesn't effect the people in the hate club so disregard that. Buy what you want, no one really cares but know the facts before you destroy your own peoples image and reputation. It's funny that about the only people dumb enough to fall for this are people who don't know the difference between a screwdriver or an awl, much less how to use them. Combine young kids with the same ignorant mentality and some books that left out some important facts in school and whala, you have the problem by the horns. I buy enough other foreign things that I don't have a choice anymore. The things I do are made right here and am proud of it. Also I would like to add that a young kid I knew was killed in a Honda Civic. He was hit by a F-150. The guy in the F-150 had minor injuries while he didn't come out so lucky. It was his fault for causing the accident so you can't blame the guy in the truck. His dad didn't want him to buy that car but he did anyway from peer pressure at school full of many other ignorant tool-bags. He should have listened to his dad as a bad omen and gut feeling he had proved to be true. He was a wild card, now he is a dead wild card! That GMC 1500 Z71 his dad was going to give him would have fared much better. These cars have their purpose, don't get me wrong but they are far from the best! The best vehicle is the cheapest one that is the easiest to fix and the cheapest to do so. You can't depend on foreign people to always be there for you in a national security matter either. If something ever started up between any one of them and us again, my ride is covered! Is yours?

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-27-2010 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Language

Old 10-08-2010, 04:17 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,603,090 times
So its the cars fault? Please get a grip, he could have been killed in any vehicle. So your hatred of Imports comes from this? I feel sorry for you then. We just had a family of 5 killed in a Jeep Cherokee. They hydroplaned in heavy rain and ended upside down in a ditch. So does this mean we should all hate Chrysler, no of course not.

By the way Axle, when was the last time you bought a brand new American made vehicle thus supporting American union workers?

Old 10-08-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So its the cars fault? Please get a grip, he could have been killed in any vehicle. So your hatred of Imports comes from this? I feel sorry for you then. We just had a family of 5 killed in a Jeep Cherokee. They hydroplaned in heavy rain and ended upside down in a ditch. So does this mean we should all hate Chrysler, no of course not.

By the way Axle, when was the last time you bought a brand new American made vehicle thus supporting American union workers?
This has nothing to do with my opinion on Japanese cars. My own sister owns them and I have ridden in, driven and worked on the Moderator cut: Language Oh, and yeah a '06 Chrysler Town And Country and a '08 Chrysler 300. My truck won't need replaced for about another 12-15 years though.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-27-2010 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive