Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 02:39 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,995,405 times

Advertisements

I absolutely dislike liberal policies and rhetoric that try to control people.

So, your typical fascist-minded liberal doesn't understand the pleasure and fun of having a car with a V8. They don't understand the feeling of having a high amount of torque and performance under your foot and in your control. They don't understand cars are enjoyed and more than tools for many. I like cars. But since certain types of people don't understand that, they want to limit MY choices? Shame on them. I think that whole line of thinking is scary.

It's just the same with hunting and guns. I'm not into that, but I like cars, and as far as I can see, it's the same scenario. I'm a person who can see that somebody else enjoys something, that it is a tradition, and I don't feel any right whatsoever to try to take it away from them.

It's also scary that these folks seem to lack empathy in many regards and rather than empathize, they belittle and demean, and rationalize it all. Again, scary.

They spew all this diversity, multi-cultural, open-minded B.S., but I guess they're only open to respecting cultures different from themselves of their picking.

That said, I tend to support the mass-transit movement for those who don't like driving and want another option. I support getting the message out of what can be in that regard. I support providing more options for transportation. I support providing more options, but not limiting them, not forcing people.

And as for six-cylinders. I'd like to add to this conversation that Porsche uses six-cylinder engines, and I'd imagine the 911's would smoke most Corvettes. And on top of that, despite their near super-car performance, they get excellent gas mileage.

All that said, one of my dream cars, besides the Porsche 911 Turbo S, is the V12 Mercedes S600.

Oh, and we can thank liberal policies within the EPA for not having excellent gas mileage like cars in Europe do and not having many diesel options.

~MoKan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 03:02 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,947,906 times
My V8 is probably slower than most of these new 4 cyl car but let's compare again it again in another 10 years when my car is 20+ years old.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:06 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,416,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post

So, your typical fascist-minded liberal doesn't understand the pleasure and fun of having a car with a V8. They don't understand the feeling of having a high amount of torque and performance under your foot and in your control. They don't understand cars are enjoyed and more than tools for many. I like cars. But since certain types of people don't understand that, they want to limit MY choices? Shame on them. I think that whole line of thinking is scary.

It's just the same with hunting and guns. I'm not into that, but I like cars, and as far as I can see, it's the same scenario. I'm a person who can see that somebody else enjoys something, that it is a tradition, and I don't feel any right whatsoever to try to take it away from them.

It's also scary that these folks seem to lack empathy in many regards and rather than empathize, they belittle and demean, and rationalize it all. Again, scary.

They spew all this diversity, multi-cultural, open-minded B.S., but I guess they're only open to respecting cultures different from themselves of their picking.

That said, I tend to support the mass-transit movement for those who don't like driving and want another option. I support getting the message out of what can be in that regard. I support providing more options for transportation. I support providing more options, but not limiting them, not forcing people.

And as for six-cylinders. I'd like to add to this conversation that Porsche uses six-cylinder engines, and I'd imagine the 911's would smoke most Corvettes. And on top of that, despite their near super-car performance, they get excellent gas mileage.

All that said, one of my dream cars, besides the Porsche 911 Turbo S, is the V12 Mercedes S600.

Oh, and we can thank liberal policies within the EPA for not having excellent gas mileage like cars in Europe do and not having many diesel options.

~MoKan
So only right thinking people like sports cars or V-8 power?

Let's see I just sold my 600HP sports car for a little less powerful but still quite fast 400HP car. (both V-8's)

How very narrow minded and out of touch you are.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:15 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,220,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
What do you all think?

With the coming CAFE standards, more and more manufacturers are turning away from V8 engines to turbo V6's. I can see doing this with some lesser vehicles but what about high-performance cars? I, for one, will NEVER buy a Corvette with a 6 cylinder!

Do you think in the coming years that V8's will disappear all-together from American society? I still think there's no replacement for displacement. I've heard/seen some of the turbo V6's and there just isn't a good rumble that a V8 can produce.
All Porsche 911s are 6 cylinder engines. And they are damned fast. Some of them sound good too, though not as nice as a Ford SVT engine.

The market will ultimately dictate what kind of engines get put in vehicles. I'm not hung up one way or another how many cylinders the engines in my cars have.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,759,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
All Porsche 911s are 6 cylinder engines. And they are damned fast. Some of them sound good too, though not as nice as a Ford SVT engine.

The market will ultimately dictate what kind of engines get put in vehicles. I'm not hung up one way or another how many cylinders the engines in my cars have.
I would say you are correct if you include government regulations...

Buyers in CA have wanted to buy Diesels for years and couldn't till recently...

Old 10-25-2011, 07:25 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,544,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post

So, your typical fascist-minded liberal doesn't understand the pleasure and fun of having a car with a V8.
~MoKan
This is exactly what the hell is wrong with our country... This guy has concluded only the right likes a V-8 and posts drivel and filth instead of talking about the V-8

Old 10-25-2011, 11:30 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,389,013 times
Lets keep the politics in its forum and talk about cars, trucks, and transportation related devices here.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:35 AM

13 posts, read 39,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
This guy has concluded only the right likes a V-8 and posts drivel and filth instead of talking about the V-8
I must have missed where he "concluded" that in his post, and I read it twice.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:10 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,995,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckfab View Post
I must have missed where he "concluded" that in his post, and I read it twice.
I wasn't implying that in my post, glad you can see that.

And I was only talking about the controlling-type folks. For anybody who enjoys something some folks want to hinder, I would think they would understand.

Sorry for the rant. I realize it was inappropriate for this thread.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:03 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,184,894 times
V8's will live on, as long as folks want to tow a trailer, or haul more than their lunch pail.

Lets see a fiait500 take a family of 4 on vacation while pulling the camper, boat or whatever.

There is more to life than a small commuter car.

Long live the v8.
But my 6cly diesel puts out more hp/ torque than most v8's.

I want what I want, because I want it and because of this the MFG's will produce it.
Why does anyone have to justify what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive