Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:38 PM

31,015 posts, read 22,051,613 times

Advertisements

I know, this is a guy question and a lot of woman probably think that it is silly, but every so often I run into a woman who drives a car that surprises me and makes me take notice of her. A woman in a sports car, a Corvette or a modern Muscle car does it for me. It tells me shes a little bit of a rebel, has a mind of her own and likes to play. Other vehicles that show excitment. youthfulness, and energy are Jeeps or other 4x4s. Something about a woman who drive these types of vehicles really gets my interest.

On the other side of the spectrum, there are woman that drive expensive cars that are almost the opposite of above. A mid to low-high level BMW or Mercedes or Volvo in the above 55k range is what I'm talking about. It tells me a little uppity and conservative. I see a lot of woman I work with that fit this profile.

It's not really about the car, it's about the type of woman she is: Exciting, rebellious, interesting

For the guys. Do you even notice this in a woman? Are you going to notice a woman in a Z06 Vette or 370Z convertible before one driving an X5 SUV or a Volvo? Does it matter in the least?

For the woman. Is what you buy an extension of who you feel you are? I'm sure the lions share of woman and men out there just look at it from a transportation stand point. Chime in too if thats the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 12:44 PM

380 posts, read 795,482 times
I drive a 2011 blue two door coupe with thats lowered, with tinted windows, exhaust and wheels that arent stock. I notice a lot of guys are surpirsed when I pull up to the gas station. I think they assume it's probably a male driver. I wanted a car that you dont see every day. Something out of teh ordinary. The few I have seen in my area have all been driven by men.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:53 PM

39 posts, read 48,366 times
I owned a jeep, unfortunately I had to give it away once I moved overseas.
My dad bought the jeep for my birthday and he bought my older sister a BMW a couple years back. Guess Im a clear example, that the car definitely is an extension of your personality.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:54 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I know, this is a guy question and a lot of woman probably think that it is silly, but every so often I run into a woman who drives a car that surprises me and makes me take notice of her. A woman in a sports car, a Corvette or a modern Muscle car does it for me. It tells me shes a little bit of a rebel, has a mind of her own and likes to play. Other vehicles that show excitment. youthfulness, and energy are Jeeps or other 4x4s. Something about a woman who drive these types of vehicles really gets my interest.

On the other side of the spectrum, there are woman that drive expensive cars that are almost the opposite of above. A mid to low-high level BMW or Mercedes or Volvo in the above 55k range is what I'm talking about. It tells me a little uppity and conservative. I see a lot of woman I work with that fit this profile.

It's not really about the car, it's about the type of woman she is: Exciting, rebellious, interesting

For the guys. Do you even notice this in a woman? Are you going to notice a woman in a Z06 Vette or 370Z convertible before one driving an X5 SUV or a Volvo? Does it matter in the least?

For the woman. Is what you buy an extension of who you feel you are? I'm sure the lions share of woman and men out there just look at it from a transportation stand point. Chime in too if thats the case.
Let me give you some advice you can take to the bank; don't stereotype women (or anyone for that matter) like this. Not only will you end up going into shock when you see your tight little theory blown to bits, but you could be passing up the most exciting date you ever had because of what....what she drives? Really??? And remember this, if you really think women who drive a certain car are shallow (my word used to sum up your adorable delusion of women and cars ) still waters do run deep.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:54 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
I kinda get what you are saying and I kinda agree.

I think its more than likely I will not be interested in a woman who drives a Corvette or the new Camaro type cars. Not because of the cars, but because from what I see, the majority of women who drive these cars are your older 40+, divorced, plane Janey, non-fashinista types of women that I usually do not go for. Im talking Nancy Grace or Anne Coulter types will be in these cars.

Most of the women I usually and have traditioanlly dated and gone for are your BMW, Lexus, SUV drivers with the big Prada or Gucci sunglasses and Nicole Scherzinger hair.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:11 PM

31,015 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Let me give you some advice you can take to the bank; don't stereotype women (or anyone for that matter) like this. Not only will you end up going into shock when you see your tight little theory blown to bits, but you could be passing up the most exciting date you ever had because of what....what she drives? Really??? And remember this, if you really think women who drive a certain car are shallow (my word used to sum up your adorable delusion of women and cars ) still waters do run deep.
Your over analyzing my post. The typical woman I date drives a plain vehicle: a newer Ford or Chevy Pick Up or a Honda Accord is typical. I can assure you I date very interesting woman. The sport car driving or off roading woman is somewhat of an anomaly and I have very little chance of meeting someone that fits that description, but it is a novel thought.

This is a small niche and there are probably only a few women on here that actually fit the description. Just like a hobby that you enjoy: Running, Yoga, Biking or knitting might be an extension of who you are, some of us view they’re vehicle as an extension of they’re personality

Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
I do not own a sports car right now but I'm planning to buy one as my next car and I can tell you I am not rebellious or "exciting". I want a car that goes vroom simply because they remind me of strength and they look cool. It's the opposite of me really not to mention I've never had a car like that. So I figure why not?

But your post is informational though. I may not get one if that's what men will think of me. Lord knows I don't want to let a guy down (more like frustrate him) by not being the naughty or masculine women like he thought I'd be based on my car.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:19 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
I've owned both of what you're talking about: I've had a Lingenfelter Z06 and a CLK55 with 150shot NOS on it. I've also owned a F150 with about $35K in it regarding mods, system, wheels, suspension, etc. I've also owned a E350 and a C350 MB. I prefer the first three.

Unforuntately this is how my Z06 ended up. It was all over the news here in Miami. It was being driven by my then bf's friend without permission and racing a MUCH slower car

Old 10-25-2011, 02:22 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Your over analyzing my post. The typical woman I date drives a plain vehicle: a newer Ford or Chevy Pick Up or a Honda Accord is typical. I can assure you I date very interesting woman. The sport car driving or off roading woman is somewhat of an anomaly and I have very little chance of meeting someone that fits that description, but it is a novel thought.

This is a small niche and there are probably only a few women on here that actually fit the description. Just like a hobby that you enjoy: Running, Yoga, Biking or knitting might be an extension of who you are, some of us view they’re vehicle as an extension of they’re personality
It's a means of transportation. If I could have any vehicle I wanted I have two favorites, one is a luxury car, the other, a sports. I'd have a helluva time deciding which I wanted. Stereotype that--someone who drives one of each.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:25 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,736,031 times
I'd be more inclined to take note of a woman who doesn't own a car at all, and bikes or walks everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive