Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 04:02 AM

1,289 posts, read 722,678 times

Advertisements

Come out and let's see 'em!!!!!
Post some pics of your ride!
What mods you added or plan on adding?
Most exotic or expensive car you've beat in your WRX, (um...at the track, of course!!)
Let's see where this goes....

I'v got an Urban Grey Metallic '07 (bought brand new)

Mods:
Professional Window tint.
Proxes4 tires (nitrogen-filled)
Royal Purple 5w30 performance oil.
Removed the snorkus.
Passport 8500x50 BLUE. (worth every penny)
Nav.
Disabled the s/b chime.
Got a Blitz SUS intake. Waiting to get an exhaust before I install it.
Plan on taking it up to stage 2. Next on list is either that exhaust, a rear sway or Hella Supertones, lol.

I need to get a good pic of it...looks so much better tinted. I'll try to do it soon and post it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 09:09 AM

366 posts, read 1,373,920 times
I have an 08 WRX right now, pretty much stock except for SPT catback and tint... I had an 04 STi with some mods but I had to get rid of it when my daughter was born because of the huge payments! I miss that car though...

Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
02 Bug Eyed Wagon bought new.
I guess I'm boring though-no mods ever, of course I'm over 40 so not really into all that; not that there is anything wrong with it.
But the solid car has always had enough power for me and has been a lot of fun to drive- from the country roads to the snow in the mountains.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:29 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Former WRX owner here. 2002 wagon. Left it stock because it was already well-suited for dirt/gravel duty in stock form.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:44 PM

563 posts, read 2,569,881 times
03 WRX here bought brand new. Bout 90k on it currently. I must be boring too because I left mine stock--it served its purpose for me so far the way it was. Fun to drive everyday as if it were the first day I got the car. While there was lots of stuff I always thought about doing, when its my primary driver and I look at the money to soop the car up vs the money to fix it if something breaks, I noticed that I was lacking $$ to support both departments. That's life I guess. I love the car and at this point I am a firm believer in the mantra "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." She will stay the way she is.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:13 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Not an owner at the moment but hopefully my STi will come next year.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:44 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,013 times
Great site for Subie WRX owners: North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club. I might get a WRX as my next daily driver. Great car to have in NH... I have a Subie Forrester for my teenagers to drive. Fun car...

Old 02-22-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew303 View Post
I have an 08 WRX right now, pretty much stock except for SPT catback and tint... I had an 04 STi with some mods but I had to get rid of it when my daughter was born because of the huge payments! I miss that car though...
How do you like the '08?? Have you ever driven an '07? You like the performance adjusting/balancing knob? (sorry, i forgot the correct term)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
02 Bug Eyed Wagon bought new.
I guess I'm boring though-no mods ever, of course I'm over 40 so not really into all that; not that there is anything wrong with it.
But the solid car has always had enough power for me and has been a lot of fun to drive- from the country roads to the snow in the mountains.
My deciding factor was the snow/nasty weather performance. I work 7 miles out of town then half a mile off of the interstate. The roads can be NASTY. This past winter, like last, I had ZERO problems. I passed everyone SAFELY, just because I could! It's so funny to see the Subarus out in mass formation during the nastiest snow storms!! WE ROCK!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Former WRX owner here. 2002 wagon. Left it stock because it was already well-suited for dirt/gravel duty in stock form.

@ Drover: MAD PROPS FOR PICS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrai309 View Post
03 WRX here bought brand new. Bout 90k on it currently. I must be boring too because I left mine stock--it served its purpose for me so far the way it was. Fun to drive everyday as if it were the first day I got the car. While there was lots of stuff I always thought about doing, when its my primary driver and I look at the money to soop the car up vs the money to fix it if something breaks, I noticed that I was lacking $$ to support both departments. That's life I guess. I love the car and at this point I am a firm believer in the mantra "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." She will stay the way she is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Not an owner at the moment but hopefully my STi will come next year.
You better keep us up on that man!! Are you really planning on buying a Sti in 2010??
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Great site for Subie WRX owners: North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club. I might get a WRX as my next daily driver. Great car to have in NH... I have a Subie Forrester for my teenagers to drive. Fun car...
@ Everyone else: Let me quote some car show guy, "The WRX is an out-of-the-box brawler." We know that's right. Not many cars are as fun to drive on day one as the WRX. Many people have no idea. I know I was quite clueless about the performance...until I test drove one for the first time. I bought that car.

I am a member of NASIOC. (North American Subaru Imprezas Owener Club) U can find me...AnointedDrummer. There's an absolute plethora of information, news, technical specs, FAQs, random stuff, Beautiful Subie pics and even a rather huge part for buying and selling stuff. That's actually where I got that intake I mentioned.

If anyone else has pics, lets post 'em up.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:54 AM

Hey, I just realized that no one wrote about the most expensive/exotic car you've blown away.(Don't be shy....we know you've done it...and loved every moment!!!!)

I still havent lost. My last race was against a new-looking Audi. I'm pretty sure it was a R8.

Well, on second thought, maybe not an R8...but it was pretty nice. He thought he would show my, um, cheap and weak import whats up...Let's just say that I humbled him! I'm guessing his cocky sneer was gone, but I'm not sure...couldnt see it in my rear-view mirror.

Raced a Roush Mustang. U know the outcome. Honestly, I don't think the driver knew what he was doing.

And then there's the endless list of Hondas, Hundai Tiburon GTs, Camaros (much as I love em), Mitsu Eclipses and even the random brand-new jacked-up truck....

Well, lets hear yours!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:55 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,334,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
I am a member of NASIOC. (North American Subaru Imprezas Owener Club) U can find me...AnointedDrummer. There's an absolute plethora of information, news, technical specs, FAQs, random stuff, Beautiful Subie pics and even a rather huge part for buying and selling stuff. That's actually where I got that intake I mentioned.

If anyone else has pics, lets post 'em up.

I was on that site in the day, and went to several meets. -- Great bunch.

I had an 02 with full factory kit, leather (the aftermarket company that did the seats had to stop, they had stitched WRX in the back without permission from Subaru), Super Leggeras (gunmetal on silver car), and mild warm overs (nothing special really).

I love Subaru but have moved on for now.

They are quick cars that are easy to drive fast.

I miss mine when it rains. I also miss the original

My latest toy is an S2000, but I still wear my scooby club meet shirts. Gets odd looks from the crowd sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive