Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 03:20 PM

212 posts, read 321,056 times

Advertisements

personally, i don't know why anyone buys anything other than smaller motorcycles, mini vans and pickup trucks (IF they actually NEED a truck for hauling stuff, that is. ) There's no place to run even 90 mph anymore, everyone with a cellphone wants to play cop, and the courts take non-cop witness-lies as "evidence", just cause they want to steal your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 03:59 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,712,360 times
Other than an enginerring exercise why mid engine??

Old 12-23-2011, 05:23 PM

24,537 posts, read 26,094,177 times
^^ Well many of the do look good.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:28 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,821,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Other than an enginerring exercise why mid engine??
Practically all supercars/hypercars and Formula One cars and Indycars are midengined for a reason.

If you want to go very fast.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:29 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,665,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Practically all supercars/hypercars and Formula One cars and Indycars are midengined for a reason.

There are also several rear engine and front engine cars that
That outperform the supercars.

Also supercars/f1 use crazy fluids to operate. If I put those same fluids in a KIA I should be much faster right?

It's about making a car balanced and work in harmony. Not just new technology.

The Corvette is the perfect example. Pushrod engine, leaf springs, front engine rear drive, some cheaper materials.

Yet it embarasses a lot of performance cars, gets better fuel mileage, and does it for cheaper.

It's Bout making things work in balance. Not saying, well industry cars do it....

Either way go buy an Ariel Atom and be done with it, want a little American, throw get one with the turboed ecotec.
Sent from my autocorrect butchering device.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:51 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,712,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
^^ Well many of the do look good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post

Ok, so mid engine is for the racer boys to go fast. BIG WOOP!

Mid engine isn't practical in any sort of manner.....

Old 12-24-2011, 12:50 PM

10 posts, read 82,595 times
I imagine a scenario of taking a girl out for a date, the mood is right, she's in her stunning dress.. And there's that darn big ass engine right in between us all sparking and shaking and it's so loud I can't hear her and we burn our arms trying to hold hands.

hahaha.. maybe that's why???

Old 12-24-2011, 01:06 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,237,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadao View Post
I imagine a scenario of taking a girl out for a date, the mood is right, she's in her stunning dress.. And there's that darn big ass engine right in between us all sparking and shaking and it's so loud I can't hear her and we burn our arms trying to hold hands.

hahaha.. maybe that's why???
For your date, a pickup truck with a bench seat might be better. Or an old Chevy Impala.

As for mid-engine cars, you don't know what you're talking about. The engine is mid-engine because it is between the front wheels and the back wheels. It isn't between the seats.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:08 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,237,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
There are also several rear engine and front engine cars that
That outperform the supercars.

Also supercars/f1 use crazy fluids to operate. If I put those same fluids in a KIA I should be much faster right?

It's about making a car balanced and work in harmony. Not just new technology.

The Corvette is the perfect example. Pushrod engine, leaf springs, front engine rear drive, some cheaper materials.

Yet it embarasses a lot of performance cars, gets better fuel mileage, and does it for cheaper.

It's Bout making things work in balance. Not saying, well industry cars do it....

Either way go buy an Ariel Atom and be done with it, want a little American, throw get one with the turboed ecotec.
Sent from my autocorrect butchering device.
And yet not everyone who wants high performance buys a Vette. Must be some reason, huh?

Old 12-24-2011, 05:40 PM

24,537 posts, read 26,094,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Ok, so mid engine is for the racer boys to go fast. BIG WOOP!

Mid engine isn't practical in any sort of manner.....
Never saw a real mid engine ricer car for the street, Practical is a different issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive