Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,438,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Believe it or not, it's the camera in my Droid X phone, resized for web use. I just add the black border.
That's insane, the color saturation is great (unless that's post-op )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 04:01 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,294,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
My reaction when I see those ridiculous wheels and the "rubber band" ultra-low-profile tires mounted on them is...to smile ...as I think of the imminent blowouts and wheel damage that this moron will have to pay for when he encounters some really bad potholes.

It's bad enough that people pay thousands of $$ for these abominations, but since they wind up with more big expenses once this inevitable damage is sustained, the entire situation just reeks of...insecurity...an inability to evaluate consequences...an inability to understand what is really important in the total scheme of one's life, and...ultimately...an inability to save/conserve one's money.

Just a bunch of insecure morons, IMHO.

Should report you for being insulting. Unfortunately, I can't insult you in return or the mods will nail me for it. Moderator cut

I like playing with cars, they are my hobby, so if I feel like spending $1600 of my hobby money on custom wheels for my car, it's not because I'm insecure. Quite the opposite. I simply like what I like and can afford to pay for it.

Last edited by SOON2BNSURPRISE; 05-17-2012 at 03:14 PM..

Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
That's insane, the color saturation is great (unless that's post-op )
Nope, just the way it comes out of the phone, resized (down from 3200x1500)

Same with this shot of it before I did the hood scoop:

gotta pick the right lighting to get the most from the phone cams.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:15 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Quote:
Should report you for being insulting. Unfortunately, I can't insult you in return or the mods will nail me for it. Quit being an judgmental, elitist douchecanoe.

I like playing with cars, they are my hobby, so if I feel like spending $1600 of my hobby money on custom wheels for my car, it's not because I'm insecure. Quite the opposite. I simply like what I like and can afford to pay for it.
It should be obvious that you're not the demographic being insulted. Neither of the cars you've shown have rubber bands, not do they have grotesquely oversized wheels. You're taking this personally when it's not directed at you, or me, or anyone who has put larger but appropriately sized wheels and lower profile tires on their vehicles. It's about 24"+ wheels with 20 series tires that are worth several times what the POS they've been slapped onto is worth.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:34 PM

The thread's about 20s. I have 20s. My wheels would have been considered excessively big by the OP and by a few of the respondants in here.

Would I build a Donk? No. But, I understand them and the enthusiasm for the hobby and that I support, not judgemental hating on others for spending their money on their hobby, as that is easily aimed at the rest of us. We've already got financial forum members that hate on ANY car that is flashy, modded or even luxurious, like my BMW. And they complain by using insults that are the same as those I was responding to. It makes for a hostile environment to enjoy our portion of the hobby in when the default response is to call people that enjoy the car hobby their way as being "insecure morons that don't know what's important in life." Sorry, but that DOES bleed over to the rest of us hobbyists.

And it needs to friggin' stop.

If you don't like it, don't do it to your own car. And leave it at that. Why is that so hard for people to do? Why do they have to go the extra mile and fling around insults that hit places they don't intend? Oh, that's right, Having/stating an insulting opinion is way more important than being tactful or knowing what they're talking about anymore.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:59 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
The thread's about 20s. I have 20s. My wheels would have been considered excessively big by the OP and by a few of the respondants in here.
I don't think this thread is about you at all, your wheels could almost pass for stock. I like the way your car looks. 20's don't look too big on a newer Mustang GT, but they would on a Chevy Malibu, especially if they're bright flashy chrome.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:07 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Quote:

Would I build a Donk? No. But, I understand them and the enthusiasm for the hobby and that I support, not judgemental hating on others for spending their money on their hobby, as that is easily aimed at the rest of us. We've already got financial forum members that hate on ANY car that is flashy, modded or even luxurious, like my BMW. And they complain by using insults that are the same as those I was responding to. It makes for a hostile environment to enjoy our portion of the hobby in when the default response is to call people that enjoy the car hobby their way as being "insecure morons that don't know what's important in life." Sorry, but that DOES bleed over to the rest of us hobbyists.

And it needs to friggin' stop.

If you don't like it, don't do it to your own car. And leave it at that. Why is that so hard for people to do? Why do they have to go the extra mile and fling around insults that hit places they don't intend? Oh, that's right, Having/stating an insulting opinion is way more important than being tactful or knowing what they're talking about anymore.
I am familiar with this culture, and didn't know DUBs meant 20"s. I see cars every day with "DUB" and "26" or larger emblems on their car. You're taking DUB too literally. At this point it is a generic term to describe grossly oversized wheels, regardless of size. Get over it.

You're better than this.

Urban Dictionary: DUB Car

House of Dubs Car show | HipHopCars.com

Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,858,315 times
Quote:
I just put "Dubs" on my 2006 Mustang,
Those brake rotors look awkward ... like out of proportion ?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:06 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,024,066 times
i'm waiting to see one of the many old crown vic's down here (they luv the ex-cop cars) with the 24-26-28's blow a tire and they have to rely on the tiny spare to get home... that would make for a good pic

Old 05-10-2012, 06:33 PM

132 posts, read 286,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
i'm waiting to see one of the many old crown vic's down here (they luv the ex-cop cars) with the 24-26-28's blow a tire and they have to rely on the tiny spare to get home... that would make for a good pic
no different than 3 wheeling on hydros! lolol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive