Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,963,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
At first I thiought this was dumb, but as it goes on, and on it starts to get funny. Those bikers are ill equipt for road riding. They have no pink spray paint and no superballs to throw at annoying motorists. I did nto see a .44 on either one of them either. What are they thinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 02:11 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,686,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I am exempt from environmental correctness. I recycled a house. It will take typical greenies two lifetimes to catch up with me environmentally.

Besides, bikes are not environmentally beneficial. If people do not have cars, then global warming may be reversed. Without global warming we will need more heat. That means more fires in fireplaces, more oil, gas and electric furnaces and fans, more manufacturing of coats, gloves hats, insulation. Thus by preventing Global warming, using a bike leads to more polution.

Do some people just go out of their way to prove how dumb they are?

Old 09-25-2012, 03:26 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,671,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
What motorist don't understand is that it's not that the green movement wants to ostracize their use of cars as much as there is a need, not a desire, to cut back on the "total" car oil consumption energy use to stretch out available reserves of oil while other oil replacements can be found.

As far as a return of an agrarian goes the third world is still predominantly agrarian in lifesyle and consumption. Only the developed countries of the first world are overly dependent on fossil fuels to exist.
'Merikkans just dont get it G'Pipes . . . Reading some of these responses I can only picture Pauly Shore or the "Dad" character out of one of those American Pie movies writing them. It's laughable until you are smacked with the revelation of how ridiculous, selfish and steeped in ignorance these comments are. People think it's their Allah given right to wreck the earth so they drive their patriotically bumperstickerd SUV from their beige, milquetoast suburban 'community' 10 miles to WAL*MART 24 hours a day. ME ME ME -CONSUME-CONSUME-CONSUME--We are last in the educated and industrialized world in math, science and other educational stuff. Don't think that ignorance spills over into other areas of our society? Right . . . We are the only country who just doesnt get it. Sometimes when you have a problem with THE WHOLE WORLD, it's not the world, kiddies

How can you not look at our governments keepers and idols, China, and NOT be totally frightened?
This is the road we are on. . . I-666

Old 09-25-2012, 03:48 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,709,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I am exempt from environmental correctness. I recycled a house. It will take typical greenies two lifetimes to catch up with me environmentally.

Besides, bikes are not environmentally beneficial. If people do not have cars, then global warming may be reversed. Without global warming we will need more heat. That means more fires in fireplaces, more oil, gas and electric furnaces and fans, more manufacturing of coats, gloves hats, insulation. Thus by preventing Global warming, using a bike leads to more polution.
You make a joke right?

That or your theory is wacky city!

Old 09-25-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
'Merikkans just dont get it G'Pipes . . . Reading some of these responses I can only picture Pauly Shore or the "Dad" character out of one of those American Pie movies writing them. It's laughable until you are smacked with the revelation of how ridiculous, selfish and steeped in ignorance these comments are. People think it's their Allah given right to wreck the earth so they drive their patriotically bumperstickerd SUV from their beige, milquetoast suburban 'community' 10 miles to WAL*MART 24 hours a day. ME ME ME -CONSUME-CONSUME-CONSUME--We are last in the educated and industrialized world in math, science and other educational stuff. Don't think that ignorance spills over into other areas of our society? Right . . . We are the only country who just doesnt get it. Sometimes when you have a problem with THE WHOLE WORLD, it's not the world, kiddies

How can you not look at our governments keepers and idols, China, and NOT be totally frightened?
This is the road we are on. . . I-666
Being spoiled , having everything you want right damn now, and basic selfishness are all harbingers of a society on the brink of collapse. Roman Empire, Ancient Greece, France ,The British Empire etc. are all societies that crumbled when they turned inward in a greedy rush to have it all and leave nothing for anyone else.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:07 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,671,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Being spoiled , having everything you want right damn now, and basic selfishness are all harbingers of a society on the brink of collapse. Roman Empire, Ancient Greece, France ,The British Empire etc. are all societies that crumbled when they turned inward in a greedy rush to have it all and leave nothing for anyone else.
I would like to see the age demographic on the ME ME ME proponents.
I bet its 30's ?

I think the concepts of 'global community' and 'responsibility' are just foriegn, abstract and incomprehensible theories to them.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,543,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
I would like to see the age demographic on the ME ME ME proponents.
I bet its 30's ?

I think the concepts of 'global community' and 'responsibility' are just foriegn, abstract and incomprehensible theories to them.
??

Because the last generations did so well with these points ?!?

Yes, America's current banking, employment, and housing crises were surely caused by greedy people born in 1981

Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,963,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Do some people just go out of their way to prove how dumb they are?
Yes they do. I find that people frequently demontrat a lack of intelligence by failing to understand sarcasm. It is generally known that understanding sarcasm is a sign of intelligence. So, sometimes i like to play with it and see how many people will go out of their way to fling insults when they are unwittingly only insulting themselves.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:46 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,306,912 times
When I was working at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, I had a fascinating coworker who was ex Navy combat veteran, ex-NSA, was cracking codes on a submarine during the Israel-Egypt war(and took fire from an Israeli aircraft somehow), sailed his own sailboat from North Carolina to Japan and back and survived being hijacked by pirates, rode his bicycle to both Alaska and Argentina, climbed most of the major mountains in the western hemisphere, survived two rounds of chemo for separate cancers, and pretty much stared death in the eye on a monthly basis for most of his adult life. Despite all that dangerous activity, he said the only time he feels like he is taking an unnecessary risk is when he rides his bicycle on the Tennessee roads at rush hour. He has had coins, trash, and even bottles of urine thrown at him as well as countless insults by impatient motorists who , quite frankly, aren't really qualified to hold his jockstrap. In Tennessee, the incorrect assumption was that anyone riding a bicycle is some God-hating hippie tree hugger attempting to undermine America, while in fact increasing alternative transportation is about as pro-America as you can get on the geopolitical map.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
When I was working at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, I had a fascinating coworker who was ex Navy combat veteran, ex-NSA, was cracking codes on a submarine during the Israel-Egypt war(and took fire from an Israeli aircraft somehow), sailed his own sailboat from North Carolina to Japan and back and survived being hijacked by pirates, rode his bicycle to both Alaska and Argentina, climbed most of the major mountains in the western hemisphere, survived two rounds of chemo for separate cancers, and pretty much stared death in the eye on a monthly basis for most of his adult life. Despite all that dangerous activity, he said the only time he feels like he is taking an unnecessary risk is when he rides his bicycle on the Tennessee roads at rush hour. He has had coins, trash, and even bottles of urine thrown at him as well as countless insults by impatient motorists who , quite frankly, aren't really qualified to hold his jockstrap. In Tennessee, the incorrect assumption was that anyone riding a bicycle is some God-hating hippie tree hugger attempting to undermine America, while in fact increasing alternative transportation is about as pro-America as you can get on the geopolitical map.
It's not just Tennessee that is populated by the brain dead haters that demonize anyone not exactly like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive