Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 09:57 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,909,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
As the SUV driver honking at the biker? If so count me in. They are welcome to ride on the road, but the road should have a shoulder or they should pedal the at the same speed as the posted speed limit.

SUV driver didn't have a passing lane... The idiot bikers and their mentality, pull off let the guy by. There is a group that races on my county road, where there is no shoulder... The mark up the road with whatever. I usually give the 1 fingers salute or american gesture of ill will.
The SUV driver didn't have a passing lane?!!! He was driving alongside the bicyclist who was completely on the shoulder on a clear road for ages just honking like a complete azzhole instead of just driving around him which he apparently could have done safely for several miles. To stand up to this vile, completely unnecessary and dangerous behavior speaks volumes about the twisted mentality of folks. Just seeing a bicyclist and having to be aware enough so as not to hit them apparently is enough to send some into a psychotic frenzy.

How about just driving around them and continuing on into your rage filled day?

Last edited by T. Damon; 09-21-2012 at 10:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 10:10 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
The SUV driver didn't have a passing lane?!!! He was driving alongside the bicyclist who was completely on the shoulder on a clear road for ages just honking like a complete azzhole instead of just driving around him which he apparently could have done safely for several miles. To stand up to this vile, completely unnecessary and dangerous behavior speaks volumes about the twisted mentality of folks. Just seeing a bicyclist and having to be aware enough so as not to hit them apparently is enough to send some into a psychotic frenzy.

How about just driving by them and continuing on into your rage filled day?
It wasn't safe to pass. In order to give the mouth breathers on the cycle enough room to be safe to pass the cyclist should move further to the right, there were several approaches the cyclists could have stopped and pulled off. To safely go by as presented the SUV driver would had to go into the oncoming lane, which is not a legal maneuver along that stretch of road.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:16 AM

^^^
That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Did you actually see the video?!!!

It was completely safe and legal to pass that bicyclist for ages, the bicyclist was completely off to the side giving him plenty of room. If he was able to drive right along side him honking like a maniac for miles he was certainly able to pass him. You are actually trying to argue that if a cop was behind him and he passed like everyone else legally can do around slow moving vehicles, (farm equipment included) when clear and safe to do so that he would be ticketed?!!! Give it up and just share the road.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
^^^
That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Did you actually see the video?!!!

It was completely safe and legal to pass that bicyclist for ages, the bicyclist was completely off to the side giving him plenty of room. If he was able to drive right along side him honking like a maniac for miles he was certainly able to pass him. You are actually trying to argue that if a cop was behind him and he passed like everyone else legally can do around slow moving vehicles, (farm equipment included) when clear and safe to do so that he would be ticketed?!!! Give it up and just share the road.

Really? Again, you are wrong... By defination motorcycles and bicycles are given the same amount of lane space on a road.

If the cyclist would have pulled off instead of videoing they wouldn't have escalated the road rage. Yes, the cyclists are more than culpable in this instance.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:27 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,682,949 times
Quote:
It wasn't safe to pass. In order to give the mouth breathers on the cycle enough room to be safe to pass the cyclist should move further to the right, there were several approaches the cyclists could have stopped and pulled off. To safely go by as presented the SUV driver would had to go into the oncoming lane, which is not a legal maneuver along that stretch of road.

I live here in Colorado where this was filmed and yes it is legal to cross the yellow line to pass a bike.
And if you had watched the video, you would have seen a white car that leglly passed the SUV and the bikers WHO WERE LEGALLY RIDING ON THE SHOULDER!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM

Wow, just wow.

Yeah, it was sure those bicyclist's fault for giving them plenty of room to pass, that would have infuriated me as well and I couldn't think of nothing better to do with the rest of my day than to harass them as opposed to just driving by.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Summary: For the vast majority of people ditching the car is not feasible.
Translation: The vast majority of people are too fat, lazy & stupid to move their bodies an distance without a fossil fuel burning vehicle.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
I probably could ditch the car, but no way will I do that. I'm a car enthusiast, so I like driving. Plus, it's an environment thing, which makes me want to drive even more, for spite. Jeremy Clarkson's take on it is pretty much sums up how I feel about it: when told by a guest on Top Gear that he needed to be environmentally aware, he said 'I'm aware of the environment, and I'm still not interested.'

Being both dumb AND proud of it is a dangerous combination.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Wow, just wow.

Yeah, it was sure those bicyclist fault for giving them plenty of room to pass, that would have infuriated me as well and I couldn't think of nothing better to do with the rest of my day than to harass them as opposed to just driving by.

Or they should find a better place to ride. The next time I have to scrape a cyclist off the road because he wasn't smart enough to get out of the way or ride a better road I will not care. You ever try "being the better person?" Or the "bigger person?" Nope, instead they were going to go whining to the cops. If the cyclists didn't have such an attitude of entitlement I woudn't harbor such disdian. As it stands they think they own the road. and your posts are further evidence of why I hold a dislike towards cyclists.

40 pound bike 150 pound rider vs a 4500 pound SUV. So who really owns the road? If you want to take the risk, I hope you remember that when the medics show up with a mop and bucket.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Translation: The vast majority of people are too fat, lazy & stupid to move their bodies an distance without a fossil fuel burning vehicle.
No, as I put it simple words earlier... It is not feasable. Most people have 15 or more miles to commute to work, do their shopping or whatever else. Not lazy, that a bike is not the best means to get from point a to B. Furthermore, schedules don't always line up with the scedules offered by public transportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive