Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Lexus are
Extremely good 39 45.88%
Alright 36 42.35%
Below Average 10 11.76%
Terrible 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 03:05 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times

Advertisements

I have the Infiniti G 37 I like it suits my needs, my gf has the BMW 328i and she loves it, I like Lexus as well good quality car just never owned one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 03:10 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,166,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Lexus - reliable but awfully boring.

Mercedes-Benz - the benchmark and pinnacle of automotive engineering. One of my favorite new cars is their E-class diesel. Awesome highway cruisers.

Audi - the best looking in terms of design and interior, not to mention their high quality interiors. Ride is a bit hard and probably wouldn't consider it unless a diesel came stateside in their new allroad.

BMW - drives better than 80% of the cars on the road today, including all the brands mentioned above. The 3 series is still the bench mark as is the 5 series. Awesome racing history and there will always be a strong fanbase for BMWs.
excellent synthesis!

I would add that Lexus are most reliable appliances, no soul or style just decent drives for seniors.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:34 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Came close to a RX350 but bought a Land Rover LR2 HSE instead. Last winter, a major snowstorm paralyzed the roads. While other 4X4s were getting high centered, the LR2 is a mountain goat. With all season radials the car never once felt it was losing traction.

The Lexus May be faster, but the LR2 is more capable in every other arena.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:35 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,093,054 times
While I don't really like Lexus cars, I love their engines. The 1UZ V8s in the early LS400/SC400 are outstanding, and compact, making them great candidates for swaps into other cars. The styling has been mostly boring until lately, when it became downright ugly on most of their cars (the spindle grilles on them look like a cross between old school Sci Fi Cylons and The Predator). And the SUVs/CUVs are the ugliest out there. The driving feel of anything but the F sport models is lacking, and even on them, they don't measure up to the BMWs ability and feel.

I'll stick with my older BMWs, thank you:

Old 12-04-2015, 07:54 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,765,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Came close to a RX350 but bought a Land Rover LR2 HSE instead. Last winter, a major snowstorm paralyzed the roads. While other 4X4s were getting high centered, the LR2 is a mountain goat. With all season radials the car never once felt it was losing traction.

The Lexus May be faster, but the LR2 is more capable in every other arena.
This is a weird comparison. The LR2 and the RX are wildly different vehicles with completely opposite design and engineering philosophies.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:00 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,853,790 times
The new C class and GLC are stunning, I am talking about the interiors. They also handle amazing. And there is nothing quieter than a Mercedes cabin except maybe Jaguar or Maserati, etc.

I tried to go back to Japanese and I was so miserable I traded it in after a year.

Give me a Mercedes or give me death.

Life is too short to drive a bad car.

The Lexus driving experience is awful (transmissions, handling) and many of those cars are not that reliable. Lexus interiors are OK, at least better than BMW and Audi. My brother's 2010 RX has had myriad issues, brakes, A/C, radio already dead, etc. It's only 5 years old and has 100k miles.

Audi interiors are a dealbreaker for me. UGLY. BMW lost me when they decided, years ago, to ignore the interiors and focus on, what, I don't know. A million new models (ones and twos and Xs and Os, etc.) ? But the BMW interiors are just not worthy of the price tag, quite frankly. I just drove a new X4 and felt like I was back in 2003 as far as the interior is concerned.

Here's the c300 interior (this is just the base model, the higher models are even more stunning). The most beautiful auto interior I have ever seen. And when you are in it, enveloped in that interior architecture and quiet, it's like being back in the womb. If I turn on the surround sound system, I can feel my blood pressure dropping.

Last edited by sinatras; 12-04-2015 at 08:37 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 11:02 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
This is a weird comparison. The LR2 and the RX are wildly different vehicles with completely opposite design and engineering philosophies.
True. I wanted the luxury with extreme weather capability. The LR2 delivered that and more.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:54 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
Have a Lexus now. IF I were to go German, probably E class. The C is nice but I would NOT get the CLA. Bad reviews. I also have been spoiled in having no car issues and only do routine maintenance. I would wonder if that would be the case with a MB.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:09 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Here's the c300 interior (this is just the base model, the higher models are even more stunning). The most beautiful auto interior I have ever seen. And when you are in it, enveloped in that interior architecture and quiet, it's like being back in the womb. If I turn on the surround sound system, I can feel my blood pressure dropping.
Why is there an ipad on top of the vents?

Old 12-04-2015, 06:14 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
While I don't really like Lexus cars, I love their engines. The 1UZ V8s in the early LS400/SC400 are outstanding, and compact, making them great candidates for swaps into other cars. The styling has been mostly boring until lately, when it became downright ugly on most of their cars (the spindle grilles on them look like a cross between old school Sci Fi Cylons and The Predator). And the SUVs/CUVs are the ugliest out there. The driving feel of anything but the F sport models is lacking, and even on them, they don't measure up to the BMWs ability and feel.

I'll stick with my older BMWs, thank you:

I think 2Pac was shot in the BMW 740il back in the 90s, old school style I like the old BMW better I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive