Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM

742 posts, read 1,228,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Why do some people feel the need to make another useless thread on a topic that will receive the expected responses and then die off into oblivion? Deal with the fact that some people aren't considerate and move on with your life. We all know some people drive poorly so this isn't some kind of newly minted discovery you've come across.
why do some people feel the need to post in topics they dont care about except to bash others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Why do some people feel the need to make another useless thread on a topic that will receive the expected responses and then die off into oblivion? Deal with the fact that some people aren't considerate and move on with your life. We all know some people drive poorly so this isn't some kind of newly minted discovery you've come across.
The thread was going along fine until you piped in. I repped everyone in the thread except for you.

If you don't like the useless redundant thread, why do you waste your time reading it and responding to it?

Are you the traffic thread monitor?

To the OP, I hear ya. I don't think it's about stupidity or lack of driving skills. I think it's about attempts at power and control... something they lack in their personal life. I guarantee you they drive differently when there's a cop around.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-01-2013 at 03:32 PM..

Old 02-01-2013, 03:51 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,079,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The thread was going along fine until you piped in. I repped everyone in the thread except for you.

If you don't like the useless redundant thread, why do you waste your time reading it and responding to it?

Are you the traffic thread monitor?

To the OP, I hear ya. I don't think it's about stupidity or lack of driving skills. I think it's about attempts at power and control... something they lack in their personal life. I guarantee you they drive differently when there's a cop around.
Good guess, I am the traffic thread monitor!

Why do some people feel the need to pick their noses out in public? Why do some people not wipe the seats of public restrooms. Why....

If anyone is looking for a solid constructive answer and a set of solutions to these questions you aren't going to find them.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:16 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,081,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Because they feel it is their job to police the road. The sign as 40, so I am going to make sure they do 40.
I don't think that's really true. Yes, there are some people who have that attitude, but I'd bet most of the people are just oblivious. They're the same idiots who slowly wander down the middle of the sidewalk completely unaware that someone is trying to walk around them.

People like that are just a waste of natural resources, if you ask me

Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,437 times
I hate it to...But I also hate when they drive slow in the left lane THEN finally get over to the right lane and all of a sudden want to be speed-racer. I had that happen to me yesterday a guy in a Yukon was going around 65mph (barely able to pass a Big Rig) he was beside the big rig for 5mi he held up traffic mind you the posted speed limit was 70mph..he finally decides to get over and doesn't allow anyone to pass him he speeds up to 85. The odd thing about it was that there was a state police car about 20 cars behind me I guess somewhere in his/her own world.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:42 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,324,902 times
Cross my heart and hope to die, I only visit the left lane on rare occasions. Just to see what it feels like to be a big shot.

Then I quick get back to where I belong.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,392,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I don't know if it's only in the city where I live, or if this problem is found everywhere, but I've reached the end of my rope with people who drive well below the speed limit driving on the LEFT side of the road. WHY why why????? What's their problem? Do they not realize that if you're moving slowly you need to be on the side of the road? How did they get their license? Did they not have to take a test? They block traffic for miles, and think nothing of it.

What could possibly be going through their minds when they do this? WHY do they do this?

I also find a huge problem with people who forget to make a turn, and so slow down and block all traffic with their left turning signal on, to get on the left lane. For Pete's sake, keep going and THEN find a way to go back to your turn! Don't block the road!

Maybe I'm the only person frustrated by these things. I wonder if there are bumper stickers out there that say, "If you're a slow moving vehicle, STAY ON THE RIGHT!" Or, "If you missed your turn, DO NOT BLOCK EVERYONE BEHIND YOU BY STOPPING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO LET YOU INTO THE LEFT LANE!"

Can you tell I'm frustrated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Because they feel it is their job to police the road. The sign as 40, so I am going to make sure they do 40. The 2nd situation has to be with lazyness and entitlement.
Looks like you didn't read the OP. He's referring to people driving below the speed limit which, unless it's a two lane road that's not a highway and they're coming up to a left turn they're unfamiliar with, say, is definitely a problem.

I take it you, though, think that the speed limit doesn't apply to you. Could you explain, not why you think the speed limit is too low, but why it doesn't apply to you?

Old 02-01-2013, 07:17 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,074,040 times
If there is a 4 lane highway with a 70 mph limit and light traffic, you can be sure some idiot will be in the 4th lane doing 60 mph. Why? because they can. Signs you no longer see on highways- slower traffic keep right, yield [entering the highway]

Old 02-01-2013, 07:30 PM

19,016 posts, read 27,579,284 times
Because for entire life drivers of those were told that they are something very important, that the rest of the world has to count with, and, as result, they thing they own the road and everyone has to bow to them?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:04 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainelander View Post
This! a thousand times this!

I see it so often in maine.

I get that some people like to take their time and have little pleasure cruises to and from work, but why must their choice be forced on others?
That's what I'd like to know. They need to carry a slow moving vehicle yellow sign on the back of their vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive