Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:54 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times

Advertisements

My friend did it with his benz. Not this particular company but another one. Most companies DO allow a lease takeover but I know Nissan doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 6,532 times
Smile lease swap, LeaseTrader.com

LeaseTrader.com worked for me!

It's not a swap or sublease, it is a transfer!

it is an excellent way to get out of your lease,

Great company, Great idea

That is one of the ideas that I should have come up with!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:22 AM

3 posts, read 18,832 times
Thumbs down leasetrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Just wondering if anyone has used leasetrader.com to get in on a lease on a vehicle. Supposedly you can takeover someone's lease, so you avoid the downpayment and you have a shorter term. However, you have to pay fees, including bank fees, to cover the transfer.

I've heard good things about the program. Has anyone tried it?

Greenie
Be careful.I lost money with leasetrader and came away empty handed.No car and out of pocket $200.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:25 AM

Angry leasetrader

Not happy with my experience with leasetrader.A lot of non refundable fees..

Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 AM

Be very carefulI lost money with them and ended up with no car.A lot of non refundable fees..Try swapalease instead.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 6,065 times
basically, i was in the market to buy/lease a car and i went to [URL="http://leasetrader.com/"]leasetrader.com[/URL], i did a search and found a 2008 BMW M5 with a low lease monthly payment and i clicked to see all features and it looked like the car for me when i tried to find the phone number i was asked to open an account and get qualified and there's an initial fee to start the process which it allows me to get the phone number and the name of the owner of the car and process the transfer online, after doing so and paying the money, getting approved the car disappeared and all i can see is the other cars with the higher lease payment, I called over 4 times and i left one voice mail and never got an answer. I spoke to one of my friends and he told me the same thing happen to him,. so what i'm thinking is, that company is using a fake ad to lure costumers to register and pay the money, and right after they remove the ad, that should be illegal plus im worried that they pulled my credit to approve me and i'm not sure if this is a legitimate company since i don't see them on the bbb.

today i called my credit card company and they called them on 3 way to verify the charges we requested a manager to speak to and we asked what happen to the car that i applied for and disappeared he said that they don't keep those information and they cant provide me with any information also they said you paid for a service just buy any other car.

that seemed shady and i will never get a car from them and i don't think u guys should

Old 07-11-2010, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 5,946 times
Default LeaseTrader

Hi There,

I am also interested in leasing a car from them, but do not want to pay all those fees, not sure if company is 100% what they say they are.... Have you guys used them before, how was the overall experience?

Thanks
Ani

Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 5,703 times
Question Same Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Just wondering if anyone has used leasetrader.com to get in on a lease on a vehicle. Supposedly you can takeover someone's lease, so you avoid the downpayment and you have a shorter term. However, you have to pay fees, including bank fees, to cover the transfer.

I've heard good things about the program. Has anyone tried it?

Greenie
I have the same question about leasetrader.com - surely someone has used this. I see vehicle postings that are listed as either "sold" or "transfer pending". Here's my biggest concern...they require you to fill out a CREDIT APPLICATION before you can even COMMUNICATE with the person posting the vehicle! Normally I would say that this has "SCAM" written all over it, but in this situation I can KINDA see the need. By requiring this, the website is basically weeding out unqualified inquiries that may lead to false starts for the person posting the vehicle. But still, giving out all the information that someone would need to EASILY steal your identity makes me pretty nervous.

What is also a bit "odd" is the fact that they require a paid subscription by the person looking to take over the lease. The way the site is set up, the flow of inquiring about a vehicle leads you to think that the credit application is necessary prior to revealing that a subscription is also involved. However, if you end up attempting to skip over the credit app part you can get to the subscription information without actually submitting your SS# & such. It's about $30 for a one month subscription & other options including a 6-month option for about $10/mo - total of $60 (isn't it odd for someone to need a 6 month subscription for a service where you are looking to take over a lease? I would think that most people looking on this site would be looking to acquire a vehicle pretty close to immediately, and probably only one vehicle. How many people have you ever met that would lease a vehicle every month for 6 months? Stuck with 6 leases???? I think NOT!).

Sounds like I'm pretty negative about this site huh? Well, I guess so - but if it's legit, it could be a FANTASTIC option for me and many other people (for both those needing to get out of a lease - "eeek...I just got let go from my job", and those looking for a great car without a long ter commitment - like myself who trades vehicles about ever 12-18 months).

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL US GOOD THINGS ABOUT FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SITE! (And please, we are NOT looking for general advice about lease transfers. We know THAT is legit and 100% possible.)

Thanks in advance!

[email]Wdylan@gmail.com[/email] (if you add me to a SPAM list, I will hunt you down & tickle you until you beg me to let you pay for a new BMW!!, )

Old 08-16-2011, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,381 times
LeaseTrader.com are not honest they make you see the listings on their web site so you can find something you like just to pay them the monthly fees and finding out that that lease isn't available. They lure you to subscribe and what they do is place factitious ads on their sites but you can’t see the phone number only after you subscribe to their services just to find out the ads aren't true. STAY AWAY FROM LeaseTrader.com !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive