Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 02:39 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times

Advertisements

As one who lives in the desert, tan on tan is advantageous. You want a lighter color interior as it is cooler in the blazing sun. You also want the exterior to be the same color as sand or dirt as there are plenty of sandstorms, IOW, flying real estate. I would never own a black car in AZ or West Texas. JMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 03:20 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times
I happen to like a tan interior, enough so that when I ordered a new Durango in 2000, I ordered the tan leather interior.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:14 PM

11 posts, read 23,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
As one who lives in the desert, tan on tan is advantageous. You want a lighter color interior as it is cooler in the blazing sun. You also want the exterior to be the same color as sand or dirt as there are plenty of sandstorms, IOW, flying real estate. I would never own a black car in AZ or West Texas. JMHO.
Ditto. In these areas , black interiors can be like sitting on hot rails of coal. Tan/light grey ar emore popular in Texas, AZ and other dry dusty states. Plus , they look more upscale than black IMO !!

Old 05-27-2013, 04:17 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,294,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
It's not just Ponticrap, but all GM vehicles. The interiors old and new look like they were designed by Fisher Price for people with sausage fingers.
I disagree. I like my 2013 Volt's interior, and the interior of the C7 Vette is a nice one. So is the interior of the Cruze and all Cadillacs.

But, to answer your accusation, in fact GM interior desigers in the '80s and '90s DID design buttons and switches around larger fingers and fingers with long fingernails (they would actually clip paper clips on the desigers' fingers to simulate long fingernails) so that you didn't hit the wrong button by mistake. It was, in fact, intentional, due to complaints about German and japanese cars with a myriad of small buttons that were harder to hit accurately while driving.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:30 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,294,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Yeah, people get them but do they request it, or do they settle? I mean if a place sold a turd brown car, someone would settle and buy it. But no one goes in the dealer, quick show me tan/tan, and nothing else, bacause that is where my money is going!!!!

My car is tanish... Spruce Green Metallic, but the interior is tan. car was cheap, the car is meant to be a daily driver, nothing special, but tan interiors are harder to keep clean. I don't mind it, but I never while buying a new car settle on really anything but a black interior, or an extremely dark gray.
I actually special requested the Pebble Beige interior in my Volt vs the black that was in the same color Volt on the lot. While the black leather was nice, it was kind of sterile, while the two tone beige/brown leather and suede combo in the car now is much more inviting and warm. my last three cars had black leather interiors (the Mini, Mustang and BMW) and I like the lighter feel of the Volt's interior.

Volt's black interior in the one I test drove:

Pebble beige in the one I had teh dealership go get for me:

Old 05-27-2013, 04:52 PM

551 posts, read 1,122,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Because people want to be comfortable.
What is uncomfortable about good seats and a good steering wheel? Thats the only thing you need to be comfortable. Throw me in a nice navi/radio, decent visibilty as well and im good. What more do you need?

Ive been to car shows, still dont care for the interior.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:55 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
My question is who keeps asking for tan cars with tan interiors?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Who keeps asking for tan interiors on any color car? Some whiz kid designer back in the day decided red with tan was a good combo. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:34 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
What is uncomfortable about good seats and a good steering wheel? Thats the only thing you need to be comfortable. Throw me in a nice navi/radio, decent visibilty as well and im good. What more do you need?

How many cars have you actually owned and driven for long periods of time? You seem like you're trying to convince yourself of something most people don't find to be true.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:19 PM

11 posts, read 23,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post

You can drive a used Chevy Cavalier too. Get custom comfortable seats and you are good to go then . You dont even need an AC - just blast the stereo , get a portable fan and a portable heater and you should be good to go then !! What more do you need ??

Old 05-27-2013, 06:37 PM

2,778 posts, read 5,166,000 times
For me interior is much more important than exterior.

In order it would be:
1) drivability & handling (includes powertrain, suspension, steering)
2) interior & road noise + Stereo system
3) mileage
4) perceived reliability
5) cost
6) exterior (shape, color)
7) brand/make
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive