Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 04:26 PM

6,560 posts, read 7,139,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnylo View Post
It was a 2007, if I remember right. A really great car and we were so sad when some *#%'**Â¥ totaled it.

I might be looking for an '08 in the near future. Seems to be a total sleeper car that nobody knows there's a Lamborghini sourced V-10 under the hood!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
It's been a while since driving those 2 cars but I just remember the Q7 visibility wasn't all that great and the thing was huge on the outside but not so much in the inside.

If I had to pick between the 2, it would be the X5.

Sorry but I can't remember which had a more comfortable ride.

I'd have to disagree with you when you say it was just big on the outside and not the inside. I own a Q7 TDI that I bought new 2 years ago. I LOVE it. I test drove the X5 and I think it's also a fine car. (My wife has a BMW sedan and I've owned BMW's forever).

I think visibly the Q7 is one of the best looking SUV's on the market. But the reason I went with it was for the spaciousness inside. It's not only big on the outside but it is on the inside as well. We have 2 young kids and we frequently get in-laws visiting in town and you can definitely get 7 passengers in with the 3rd row seating. Granted, the third row is NOT appropriate for adults but the kids love riding back there and there will be room for plenty of years.

The thing that is better about the BMW is the 5 year all maintenance included with BMW's. That's GREAT! With Audi you have to buy the Audi care.

I'm not a big road trip type of person but I've taken road trips all the way from San Diego up into the mountains of Lake Tahoe and it handles wonderfully in the mountains and in snow.

I think it will all come down to personal preference but I really love my Q7. I'm glad I ended up going with the TDI model as well. The gas mileage for such a heavy car is wonderful. My first Diesel vehicle so I didn't know what to expect but really great.

I find the ride totally smooth and comfortable. I went with every upgrade option there was at the time.

The only thing that I was a bit surprised at is they said I will need to change the breaks soon. I only have 17,000 miles on it when they told me that. Apparently in these German SUV's you have the change the breaks every 20,000 miles or so which surprised me. So know that going into it.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 AM

270 posts, read 593,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I might be looking for an '08 in the near future. Seems to be a total sleeper car that nobody knows there's a Lamborghini sourced V-10 under the hood!

Oh yes, you can have lots of fun with people who don't know the difference between A6 and the S6.

We didn't met one single car which was faster than ours, the whole time we had the Audi. Mercedes, BMW, Porsche...just name them. Some actually tried to start a little race or force us to go over the tempo limit. But...the regretted it very soon.

My husband is a highly skilled driver, who likes to drive fast. Around 250-270km/h if possible. I assume that's like 156 mph?

Sometimes, when he was in a playful mood, he showed them how it feels when someone's too close, pushing you to get over. Normally they gave up around 220km/h and you could see them sweating in the mirror.

*sigh* It's a great car.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:44 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,161,917 times
Quote:
Oh yes, you can have lots of fun with people who don't know the difference between A6 and the S6.

We didn't met one single car which was faster than ours, the whole time we had the Audi. Mercedes, BMW, Porsche...just name them. Some actually tried to start a little race or force us to go over the tempo limit. But...the regretted it very soon.

My husband is a highly skilled driver, who likes to drive fast. Around 250-270km/h if possible. I assume that's like 156 mph?

Sometimes, when he was in a playful mood, he showed them how it feels when someone's too close, pushing you to get over. Normally they gave up around 220km/h and you could see them sweating in the mirror.

*sigh* It's a great car.
The chrome side mirrors are a dead giveaway on any S!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:53 AM

270 posts, read 593,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
The chrome side mirrors are a dead giveaway on any S!
Only if you are into cars and know the little features they have. Oh....and if you're fast enough to see the mirrors.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,161,917 times
Quote:
Only if you are into cars and know the little features they have. Oh....and if you're fast enough to see the mirrors.
So many people bank on people not knowing. There are so many M badges on 525's driving around here, it's ridiculous. Especially with stock everything else, very lame. Saw an E63 AMG badge on a E350 the other day too, incredibly lame...

Old 07-10-2013, 07:45 AM

I bet these "poseurs" tell people they drive the AMG and M models too, just sad....idiots!

Old 07-10-2013, 10:55 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,393 times
^^haha I've seen those fake M's as well. It's so dumb. Anyone who knows what the M badge stands for also knows an M from a 3-series, etc. So they fool/impress no one.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:04 AM

The car companies do it too. My grandpa had a new clk 350 and they put an AMG emblem on back because it had AMG exhaust and rims. Audi as of a few years ago has the s-line on non S models, it makes the normal a4 and a6 look more like the s versions.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:56 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,498,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
The car companies do it too. My grandpa had a new clk 350 and they put an AMG emblem on back because it had AMG exhaust and rims. Audi as of a few years ago has the s-line on non S models, it makes the normal a4 and a6 look more like the s versions.
Cant the manufacturers decide for themselves how they want to use their own badging if they decide to do appearance packages?.... I think so... poseurs that rebadge their cars to copy higher performance models are tools though... Ive always been the one to DEbadge to be even more of a "sleeper"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive