Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 02:42 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,893,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
I like the Yukon, but I need to see the Tahoe in better light before judging the front. Automakers always do these studio shots with bright artificial lighting for the first impressions of their vehicles, and usually the end result is not very flattering. I thought the '13 MKZ was a little ugly when I first saw press photos, but then I saw it in person and now I really like it. So I'll wait to judge.
OMG, I did too. Then I actually saw the car in person, and i was like it was actually a really nice car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 02:54 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Booooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggggg. So much sheet metal to do something interesting with and they just folded it.
Agreed, seems like everything they make these days are boring.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:47 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Looks like GM played it safe with these vehicles. Nothing too dramatic. At least not with the exterior. The front end of the Yukon looks like a grown up Terrain.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:58 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
Just as ugly as the Silverado.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:26 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
My guess all you complaining about the looks dont own one now and wouldnt consider one anyway. These vehicles dominate the segment and the people who love them dont want much change. Not too many ways to draw two boxes anyway. The interior has dramatically changed. The ride quality of these vehicles will be unmatched. If you have not driven a new silverado or sierra you need to - even if a pickup is not your thing. It is the quietest most refined BOF vehicle - I think - ever. Quieter then most luxury SUVS. I can not imagine how these will ride or the even nicer Escalade. It is going to be tough to improve on the levels they have set. Those inlaid doors are serious.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
I think they look very good.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:46 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
You guess wrong Tourian. I have 2 now and have owned 2 others, and a Silverado and I think the latest vision from GM is a mistake.

My uncle is one of those people everyone else loves, every 3 years he trades in his Suburban and buys a new one, he's done that for 30+ years, until now. Right now he has no plans to sell his 2012 for the new version.

The interior on the new ones looks great, and I'm sure it handles as nicely as any Sub ever made, too bad it was hit with the ugly stick so hard.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:28 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
I don't like the squared off boxy look, especially with the rear doors. Looks too much like the GMC Terrian and even reminds me of the Ford Flex.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:35 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You guess wrong Tourian. I have 2 now and have owned 2 others, and a Silverado and I think the latest vision from GM is a mistake.

My uncle is one of those people everyone else loves, every 3 years he trades in his Suburban and buys a new one, he's done that for 30+ years, until now. Right now he has no plans to sell his 2012 for the new version.

The interior on the new ones looks great, and I'm sure it handles as nicely as any Sub ever made, too bad it was hit with the ugly stick so hard.
Theres always one...

We'll check back later when these continue to be the best selling SUVs and youll realize how wrong you are about them being a mistake. If those vehicles are ugly then so is every big box SUV ever made. I can understand not liking a design element or two but ugly? Come on.

ive seen it a 100 times. Whenever a new model from any company appears theres always that dyed in the wool group of hard core "supporters" that freak out and ask "whyd they change it?" Or "I like the old one better" they whine and complain and act like theyve been betrayed as if the company should have come to them for final approval of the new design. And you know what? Most of them come around and buy one later or they dont - who cares. But their sky is falling predictions never come true. This model will be around 7 years or so, plenty of time to warm up to it.

These vehicles are winners and segment leaders without you and your uncle.

Last edited by Tourian; 09-16-2013 at 05:46 AM..

Old 09-16-2013, 06:45 AM

359 posts, read 779,506 times
Like someone said, these will continue to be segment leaders (160k out of 240k last yr) and continue to increase their market share (Nissan and Toyota fazing out of full size).

I have a GL450 and I am looking forward to actually test driving these vehicles and see "how good" they are.

GM has got the perfect formula and obviously didn't want to do something too radical and change the entire outlook.

You want something crazy and exciting with that sheet metal? come back within a week for teh 2015 Escallade reveal. That'll be, based on Cadillac's design cue, pretty exciting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive