Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 12:10 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,263,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
couple times, its mindless entertainment. and i know you're wondering; no i don't have stickers or live my life a 1/4 mile at a time either. lol. but i do think its funny when people complain about this movie like it was specifically made just to personally insult them lol.
it's all good. point is that it doesn't matter if it's a Supra or an Eclipse. the race depicted in the movie was just downright unrealistic. and i dont feel that the movie was made to insult me personally. i feel that it was made to feed the egos of a built-in audience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 09:00 PM

31 posts, read 165,356 times
LOL....remember the part where Vin Diesel is talking about his father and how he died??
He said....."my dad died in a drag race, he lost it in turn two".

I always thought a drag race was straight!! LOL

Old 11-30-2007, 12:04 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,782,378 times
Don't forget.....it's possible for your Charger to have so much power that it spins the tires off the line first, then hooks second just in time to perform a wheel stand, all of this on regular asphalt....those track officials really don't need that VHT after all.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:16 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
I dont know that this may apply to 'drag racers' and 'wannabe' stunt people but must admit, I can think of many places where this spedbump might be most effective and make people think twice about slowing down when theyre supposed to. Never try this at home, children....

Boing: The World's Most Effective Speed Bump

Old 11-30-2007, 07:52 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I dont know that this may apply to 'drag racers' and 'wannabe' stunt people but must admit, I can think of many places where this spedbump might be most effective and make people think twice about slowing down when theyre supposed to. Never try this at home, children....

Boing: The World's Most Effective Speed Bump
LOL.. I guess I'll have to be careful going by this guy's house!

I can't think of any "Fast and Furious" cliches right now, but don't get too curious about being Fast and Furious...

Old 11-30-2007, 11:34 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Actually I have a friend in show biz out here, well hes actually some friends of mine's son. Among other movies/tv shows and commercials they've used his voice in, 'Fast n Furious' is one show he's had a big part of (production).
And no, he does NOT do those stupid 'Head On' or 'Enzyte' commercials, hes done one for some mortgage broker company, a few banking institutions and is in the process of doing the sound effects of an upcoming movie. Heck, the last time I saw this kid he was a teenager on a skateboard, now he lives in Bev Hills and drives some $60,000 sportscar!

Old 12-26-2007, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,110 times
Default Your 7 second eclipse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
Steve-o. PLEASE, DUDE. there is NO 6 or 7 second car (4,6,8,10,12 cylinders) that can possibly, even by a layman, be mistaken for a street car.

and no 6 or 7 second drag car is going to be suitable for a prolonged road race down the interstate. and it's not going to look anything like a street car, foreign or domestic.

Alright buddy just to get it straight im no fan of the F and F series but you are wrong about there not being a consistant daily driven 7 second eclipse. Check out john shepperds 7 second eclipse on youtube. Sorry to bust your balls. I drive an Eclipse.....nothing like the ones in the movies, no stickers or crazy stuff. But i do have 567 WHP running consistant low 10's. You muscle car guys are just jeleous because four cylinders are smoking you everyday at the track. Having a V8 doesnt make your dick bigger only your head. Bow down to the 4 cylinder revolution and accept that V8's are no longer king.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:38 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adp61486 View Post
Alright buddy just to get it straight im no fan of the F and F series but you are wrong about there not being a consistant daily driven 7 second eclipse. Check out john shepperds 7 second eclipse on youtube. Sorry to bust your balls. I drive an Eclipse.....nothing like the ones in the movies, no stickers or crazy stuff. But i do have 567 WHP running consistant low 10's. You muscle car guys are just jeleous because four cylinders are smoking you everyday at the track. Having a V8 doesnt make your dick bigger only your head. Bow down to the 4 cylinder revolution and accept that V8's are no longer king.
V8s ARE king.
The fastest super stock cars are still the '68 Hemi Dodge Dart/Plymouth Barracuda. The imports should bow down to those mightly Mopars!

The day I become "jealous" of a 4-cylinder engine is the day I stop being a car enthusiast!

Old 12-26-2007, 10:50 PM

326 posts, read 1,372,020 times
Just can't work out how that Chargers so fast with the blower bolted to the hood and not motor.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:04 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
V8s ARE king.
The fastest super stock cars are still the '68 Hemi Dodge Dart/Plymouth Barracuda. The imports should bow down to those mightly Mopars!

The day I become "jealous" of a 4-cylinder engine is the day I stop being a car enthusiast!
Youre just brand loyal, which is perfectly typical of your crowd. You need to have an open mind to ANY and ALL cars, regardless of engine size or country of origin. I get so tired of redneck bungholes who wont even acknowledge a fast 4 cylinder car just because its "not a V8" or its not "built in Deeee-troit". I mean really, grow up. Same goes for all you gangsta-wannabe Honda drivers. If its got a V8 and smokes you, show some respect for Pete's sake. Quit pullin that " Yo, I could beat you in a corner, doe" B.S. Everyone needs to pull your heads outta yer rears and respect all makes and models for what they are. Muscle car guys should respect the kind of power that tuners can pull out of tiny 4 cylinders (many with 1000 hp and up!), and sport compact tuners should respect the fact that V8s make loads of torque and dont need 8K rpm redlines to generate their power. Its all part of the game and what makes each car unique from the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive