Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times

Advertisements

Back when I was young I had a 5.0. I was out with a buddy cruising and we ended up next to a old guy. In a HEARSE. No joke. The driver looked like he belonged in the back of the hearse. But that's not the worse thing. We got absolutely smoked when we tried to drag race him. And I mean smoked by a big margin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,769,823 times
Driving down a 30mph road after the bars closed. I come up on a car going 10mph and decide to pass. I had passing lines so it was kosher. This idiot speeds up and would not let me pass. We went by an elementary school side by side me being in the outside lane. The two Sheriff deputies probably didn't even see my car. They took off in pursuit and I decided to cut my lights and pull into a subdivision street at the bottom of the first hill we came to. I rolled into the first driveway and shut it down. I saw both cops pass by chasing the other vehicle. I continued on my way and saw they had the guy pulled over. I decided to take a back route home. It was PERFECT. This idiot wanted to play some sort of game and he ended up paying. Probably cost him over 10,000 dollars.

BTW- I was not drinking, I had gotten off of work at 1:30am and was on my way home.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:39 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,093,624 times
Well, this one time these Asian kids challenged me to a race...

Better off dead race scene.wmv - YouTube

Old 12-17-2013, 06:34 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,967 times
Id say mine was on a bike against one of those twin-turbo, 4 wheel drive Mitsubishi GT3000's.
We were playing around on a back road in PA. I was on ZX-9 which was no slouch of a bike at that time.
We kept testing each other as the miles clicked by, but I have to admit he finally ratcheted it up faster
than I was comfortable going on two wheels. That car just RAILED corners!
Definitely a sleeper, I never see too much about them. I had a Dodge Stealth, but it wouldnt keep
up to the 3000 in 3rd gear

I was humiliated getting beaten by a car, but at least Im still here to laugh about it

Old 12-17-2013, 09:47 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,825,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
... I had passing lines so it was kosher. This idiot speeds up and would not let me pass. .... This idiot wanted to play some sort of game and he ended up paying. Probably cost him over 10,000 dollars. ...
This happened to my best friend in school. He was driving along on a sleepy 2-lane country road, came up to a hopped-up car with a couple of kids in it. When he pulled into the left (oncoming lane), and came up beside them, the car matched speeds, keeping my friend from passing, or even from slowing down and getting back behind. They kept him blocked for several times what it should have taken to pass, until my friend got on his breaks hard, and was able to get behind the fools.

--

--

--

Did I mention my friend was a detective with the local PC in an unmarked? He said the expression on their faces after he pulled them over was just priceless! (As was the tickets he gave them).

Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
The time I tried to pass an empty logging truck/trailer set up on a Vermont expressway. We were both well over 110 when I got by at the start of the next uphill.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:46 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Not long after the conversation got to the "well, any idiot can go fast in a straight line" stage
someone would suggest far more difficult approaches to testing both car and driver.

The most common of these being a 25 mile road course from our outlying community into the busy
city area culminating with "the first person to finish a beer at Joes" winning the contest.

The only rule was that we had to park legally (not easy in town)...
which sometimes would have the last 1/4 mile or so done on foot.
Good times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive