Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 05:51 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Oh my goodness, you are going to trade in great driving vehicles for some clunky SUV to haul a couple of tiny dogs? Really? Here is my idea. DON'T DO IT. SUV's are total junk compared to what you are used to. They don't handle well at all and are totally dangerous in comparison to those great handling vehicles you are used to. If you do end up with some clunky SUV, you better slow way down and drive much different. Leave a TON of space so you have a bunch of time to try and avoid accidents if they occur in front of you. You will just be plowing forward with no control in an SUV. Not what you are used to at all.
I totally get your point...but....
I had an SUV way back and actually loved it, of course much different than a sporty car.
When I was 17 I was hauling a four horse trailer up and down the coast going to horse shows lol...
I won't give up the croc just the MB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
Since all the boring and practical SUVs have been mentioned, I'll recommend a 06-2009 Jeep SRT8 or a 2006-2009 Chevy TrailBlazer SS. You can get the Jeep for mid $20Ks now, they hold their value very well. Nothing fancy on the inside but it has a 420HP 6.2L that will get you to your destination quickly. AWD is standard.

I had a 06 TBSS RWD for 3 years, put 48K miles on it, no issues. Great vehicle. AWD is optional. 395HP and is a fun to drive SUV. Can be had for under $20K with good miles.

If you doing some serious off roading, a Jeep Grand Cherokee/Jeep Commander with Quadra-Drive II is the best system out of all of the manufactures.

There are not many systems that can do this:

That jeep is pretty nice....

Old 02-16-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Dodge Journey, GMC Terrain (Chevy Equinox), Toyota Highlander, Kia Sorento (Looks the best in SX trim, my opinion), Ford Egde Sport....Nissan Murano (2003-2007 models) the current generation is downright ugly to me.
I have never even heard of the dodge journey, geez maybe I need to get out more! Thanks!

Old 02-16-2014, 06:10 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
I have never even heard of the dodge journey, geez maybe I need to get out more! Thanks!
They came out in 2009 so they are kind of a newer vehicle. Some call it a small SUV. Some call it a crossover. It's not a car! I know that because I own one.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:15 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Oh my goodness, you are going to trade in great driving vehicles for some clunky SUV to haul a couple of tiny dogs? Really? Here is my idea. DON'T DO IT. SUV's are total junk compared to what you are used to. They don't handle well at all and are totally dangerous in comparison to those great handling vehicles you are used to. If you do end up with some clunky SUV, you better slow way down and drive much different. Leave a TON of space so you have a bunch of time to try and avoid accidents if they occur in front of you. You will just be plowing forward with no control in an SUV. Not what you are used to at all.

Neither a Cayman or a SL500 will haul the stuff OP needs. And I doubt OP is so clueless as to not realize a SUV or other type of vehicle will handle brake and ride differently than what she normally drives. Sometimes a sports car or luxury car is just not the right car. Stuffing a cooler, EZ up, two dog crates in a Porsche Cayman or SL would require a lot of luck and a saws all. And SUVs today aren't exactly death traps you make them out to be. Sure if you drive like a complete knucklehead you'll get in trouble but plenty of knuckleheads out there rolling and crashing Porsches Vetted Ferraris etc. Hell if you drive like a douche you'll wreck or roll anything no matter what it is.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:41 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post

If you doing some serious off roading, a Jeep Grand Cherokee/Jeep Commander with Quadra-Drive II is the best system out of all of the manufactures.

There are not many systems that can do this:

I'm sure it may wow some, but that video is really not all that impressive.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:44 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times
Quote:
I have a 1997 Chevy Tahoe and it's awesome. SUV's are junk? I think you have junk in your head. I've owned cars all my life and this is first SUV I bought this past August. I love all the space it has and I moved so much stuff already in it. I am so much safer too if some moron in these little hondas, prius, acuras etc hit me I guarantee their cars will be totalled and mine will come out on top.

I love my "clunky dangerous suv" because in reality its much more safer then your half tin can half plastic car. Come hit my steel bumper with your plastic bumper. Cars today can barely take a hit from a shopping cart let alone an accident without being seriously damaged.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:05 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,463,282 times
Subaru Forester or Outback are the best choices for the OP.

The Cadillac Escalade is an unreliable fuel-guzzling piece of crap preferred by drug dealers and pimps.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:20 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Subaru Forester or Outback are the best choices for the OP.

The Cadillac Escalade is an unreliable fuel-guzzling piece of crap preferred by drug dealers and pimps.
What are the stereotypes for Subaru owners?

Old 02-16-2014, 07:22 PM

45,327 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
What are the stereotypes for Subaru owners?
Lesbian, crunchy granola, Earth Shoe wearing non-bathers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive