Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:23 PM

278 posts, read 546,477 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys i will look elsewhere. Whats up with roadloans? I just thought it was another we finance to anyone scam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 02:31 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYorkFeinix View Post
Getting financed for a private party.
Must be one hell of a party if you need to finance it.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:54 AM

17,301 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Another ridiculous hurdle, NYorkFeinis . . .

The Financial Institution is financing YOU and THE VEHICLE . . . they should have absolutely no interest or concerns as to where the vehicle is being purchased. I fully understand the need for precautions, however, this is ridiculous especially considering how easy vehicle history "tracking" is nowadays.

Personally, I would search for another financial institution.

Or they are trying to avoid scams.....Two buddies look to scam the bank, one buddy "sells" his car to the second guy for an inflated amount. But in reality he takes much less, the buyer gets the car financed for much more and pockets the difference.

My buddy did this with a Range Rover a few years ago through a dealer he worked at. Loan was like $8500, he only paid $5000 for the SUV and immediately put $3500 in his pocket essentially making the first 15-18 payments with the bank's money! He ended up trading it for the payoff so he essentially drove the truck for free for a year and a half!

Old 04-24-2014, 07:26 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,095,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Or they are trying to avoid scams.....Two buddies look to scam the bank, one buddy "sells" his car to the second guy for an inflated amount. But in reality he takes much less, the buyer gets the car financed for much more and pockets the difference.

My buddy did this with a Range Rover a few years ago through a dealer he worked at. Loan was like $8500, he only paid $5000 for the SUV and immediately put $3500 in his pocket essentially making the first 15-18 payments with the bank's money! He ended up trading it for the payoff so he essentially drove the truck for free for a year and a half!
That's not a scam. The bank doesn't really care how much the vehicle costs, only that there is enough collateral there to pay off the loan in case it's totaled with insurance. Your friend was still paying interest on the full $8500 loan, and that's what matters to the bank.

If anything, your friend was pretty stupid for paying interest on an extra $3500 that he didn't have to for the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive