Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 05:45 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times

Advertisements

I hate it when the mailman puts them in my mailbox, too. Nobody ever promised that life would be perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 09:13 AM

414 posts, read 931,391 times
I've never actually caught any of these idiots putting flyers on my windshield. I'd curse them out and tell 'em to take that @#%^ off and keep it moving, if I did though.

I find it to be a nuisance...since NOW I have to find a place to discard it after removing it, since I am not one for littering by throwing it on the ground.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:47 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I hate it when the mailman puts them in my mailbox, too. Nobody ever promised that life would be perfect.
I use to cut out my home address and put them in an included postage paid return envelope. They already paid the postage so they must want the envelope back.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:50 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
I've never actually caught any of these idiots putting flyers on my windshield. I'd curse them out and tell 'em to take that @#%^ off and keep it moving, if I did though.

I find it to be a nuisance...since NOW I have to find a place to discard it after removing it, since I am not one for littering by throwing it on the ground.
I wouldn't curse out the one putting them on cars. They're usually some poor guy or gal working at a thankless job. They're ordered to do this by their boss and do it cause they need the paycheck. They'd much rather be doing something else.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:16 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post

That tells me more about you, than about the poor souls trying to make a living doing a crap job.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:56 PM

414 posts, read 931,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
That tells me more about you, than about the poor souls trying to make a living doing a crap job.
Guess you can't please everybody...oh well.

But anyway...I've had less than desirable jobs back in the day too...but NONE of them required me to do anything that would be considered as a nuisance to other citizens...just sayin'

Old 05-17-2014, 09:14 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Where I use to live just about everyone and their brother were leaving flyers on my front door. One business would do this once a week. I finally called them and asked them to stop leaving their flyers. A couple days later I came home to find my front door completely covered with their flyers. The war was on. I made up a bunch flyers for a phony company and posted them all over their store. When their store security told me this was private property and to stop posting the flyers, I asked them how their private property was any different than my private property. Yes, I was told to leave and not come back, but I never saw one of their flyers on my door again.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:50 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I use to cut out my home address and put them in an included postage paid return envelope. They already paid the postage so they must want the envelope back.
Just seal the envelope and send it back empty. It will cost them the same and save you some work.
Better yet, put in several ads from other companies.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:52 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,231,171 times
It happened to me about 6 or 7 years ago where I used to work at the old building. They actually broke my windshield wiper when they put the flyer under there! It was on my Lexus and it cost me about $40 to get it repaired! I was furious!

One time I drove my Toyota truck to work (that was around 2007) and someone had went around putting flyers on all Japanese make vehicles... the flyer went on to say how we needed to buy American cars - stop buying Japanese cars, remember WWII, blah, blah, blah... they didn't know my truck was made in Kentucky! Nor did they know that probably most of the late model Japanese cars in the lot back in the late 2000s were probably made in America as well. Ugh.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:06 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Just seal the envelope and send it back empty. It will cost them the same and save you some work.
Better yet, put in several ads from other companies.
I have heard of people putting scrap metal in the envelopes so that it cost more in postage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive