Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 03:24 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times

Advertisements

The court case is underway, not sure how long its going to take but anyone want to take a guess at what the verdict will be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 03:32 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,747,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The court case is underway, not sure how long its going to take but anyone want to take a guess at what the verdict will be?

about 20% of the punishment a man would have gotten for being that stupid.

However, moot point as I doubt you could find a man that stupid.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:47 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Parked cars must be dangerous things, as I have seen many trauma patients who have run into them. Even if they are parked in the right place.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:48 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,498,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
its not her fault. if you run into the back of anybody, you automatically at fault for following two close
100% false. Ive been part of dozens actual accident reconstructions where the car fore/ the short braker was charged and found guilty while the car aft/the "hitter" was not charged. Unless theres others here that have done this type of work its just guessing.

Everyone THINKS they know everything about driving.... most with little to no training even... theres no absolutes in these situations and to try to pretend there are is plain foolish. But 99.9% of the drivers on the road teally are pretty foolish when they THINK they know better.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:29 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
not around here, you hit someone in the rear you automatically at fault, state law

Old 06-04-2014, 05:44 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,747,744 times
Quote:
not around here, you hit someone in the rear you automatically at fault, state law
park a car on a freeway lane and you're at fault also..............around here

Old 06-04-2014, 07:07 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,498,373 times
Quote:
Should be easy to link the statue then. Patiently waiting....

Old 06-04-2014, 08:27 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,818,588 times
They both share responsibility. Parking her car without putting hazards on, or flares/triangles is truly stupid. She should have never been given a license to drive. If the bike didn't hit it, someone else would have. I can't absolve her of all blame. However, the biker ran into a parked vehicle. How come he couldn't go around? He gets a big part of the blame here. If he had time to gesture, he had time to change lanes and go around her.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:32 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
I'm kind of torn. On one hand, you should always pay attention to what's ahead of you, but on the other hand it can be very difficult to tell that a vehicle is stopped when you're going fast or behind a larger vehicle. If you're going at freeway speeds, you have very little time to react and you can be boxed in by other vehicles.

I was driving southbound on I-5 between Seattle and Tacoma once and came across some idiot stopped in one of the center lanes. No brake or warning lights, and they hadn't been stopped long enough to slow down traffic. I was doing about 65 and didn't see the car until the truck in front of me suddenly changed lanes. I about had a heart attack and barely manged to get over in time to avoid hitting them.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:54 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
They both share responsibility. Parking her car without putting hazards on, or flares/triangles is truly stupid. She should have never been given a license to drive. If the bike didn't hit it, someone else would have. I can't absolve her of all blame. However, the biker ran into a parked vehicle. How come he couldn't go around? He gets a big part of the blame here. If he had time to gesture, he had time to change lanes and go around her.
I agree, there is definitely shared blame but she has to bare the brunt. I cant believe people are making up excuses how its somehow cool to just park in the middle of a highway. Its hard to say she was even stopped, she was not in the vehicle, she exited it so in her infinite wisdom its a great idea to park on a highway to let ducks cross or whatever. What was she doing ? Naming them ?

I would be a lot of money on target fixation for the biker. I can imagine driving down a high way and thinking "man that cars slow ... its stopped ... wtf" and the dude becoming frozen and fixating on it and plowing into the car. Its tragic for the biker but if the lady who likes to park on highway's had ANY common sense it never would have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive