Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:35 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,833,702 times

Advertisements

Where the HECK is Kia?

How can someone forget about those?

Throw Nissan in there too.

Last edited by jerseygal4u; 08-27-2014 at 10:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 11:10 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,011,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
My son has a Scion FRS and is getting ready to dump it. He says he will probably never buy a car made in Japan again. They just don't fit American bodies. (I tried to tell him that when he looked at it) He is 6'2" and just getting in and out of the drivers seat should have told him. And in the winter by the time you add a winter coat there just isn't enough width between the door and the center console.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foques View Post
FRS/BRZ are GREAT cars.
I'm 6'5", and have no problem getting in/out.
Blaming an automaker (or country where the design comes from) on poor buying choice is pretty dumb.
These cars were designed smaller, they are RWD fun rides, they're supposed to hug you, as this is what you need when you're taking a sharp corner.
I dare your son try driving a Lotus - I bet it'll be "i'm never buying anything from England again"
Or how about a Chevy Cheetah?

Bottom point BRZ/FRS family is that of fun twistie cars. Those people who did not do their research and/or did not know what it was that they were looking at will hate them.
I agree with you, Foques. We've been out shopping lately for a second car (for my wife) and spent a couple of days at Subaru dealers. I'm 6'4" and 250 lbs and had absolutely no problem getting in/out or driving the BRZ. In fact, I was surprised at how much head and leg room I had. The only reason that we didn't buy it on the spot is because my wife is debating whether to get a convertible.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:18 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,889,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I agree with you, Foques. We've been out shopping lately for a second car (for my wife) and spent a couple of days at Subaru dealers. I'm 6'4" and 250 lbs and had absolutely no problem getting in/out or driving the BRZ. In fact, I was surprised at how much head and leg room I had. The only reason that we didn't buy it on the spot is because my wife is debating whether to get a convertible.
The worst is the Saturn SC coupe. My neighbor has one and I'm 6'1", 200 lbs and I had to fold myself like a pretzel with my head canted way over to one side with my knees at my chin when she gave us a ride one day to a nearby neighborhood event, with the seat all the way back! Pity my poor partner in the back almost as big as me, it's like the rear seats of a 911 back there. And the SC is not that tiny of a car.

It shows with a good design you can fit a larger person just fine in a smaller car, and how bad other cars have been designed and engineered.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:13 PM

522 posts, read 721,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I'm weighing in at around 255-260 right now; I agree when I got into the ride, I expected to have a bit of a head room issue - not even remotely.
The only other car I felt that way in was a Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
The worst is the Saturn SC coupe. My neighbor has one and I'm 6'1", 200 lbs and I had to fold myself like a pretzel with my head canted way over to one side with my knees at my chin when she gave us a ride one day to a nearby neighborhood event, with the seat all the way back! Pity my poor partner in the back almost as big as me, it's like the rear seats of a 911 back there. And the SC is not that tiny of a car.

It shows with a good design you can fit a larger person just fine in a smaller car, and how bad other cars have been designed and engineered.
I'd completely forgotten about that car.
Even before I begun working out (and was ~110lbs), I had issues getting in or out of it.
my girl at the time would fit comfortably in the rear seat, but she was 5'1"

Old 08-27-2014, 05:53 PM

24,454 posts, read 25,987,852 times
Quote:

Our #5 Grandson has a SC and at 6' 2" and at least 250 #'s, he has no issues with it. But the back seldom gets used.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:51 PM

5,119 posts, read 16,593,991 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foques View Post
I'm weighing in at around 255-260 right now; I agree when I got into the ride, I expected to have a bit of a head room issue - not even remotely.
The only other car I felt that way in was a Mini Cooper

I'd completely forgotten about that car.
Even before I begun working out (and was ~110lbs), I had issues getting in or out of it.
my girl at the time would fit comfortably in the rear seat, but she was 5'1"
The Saturn SC was the perfect car for a short person. There were plenty of cars to choose from for tall people, very few for short people. I loved that I could actually reach the pedals in that car. I'm 5'2".

For a short single person with a dog, the Saturn coupe was ideal. I purposely avoid getting sedans as most people hate riding in the back seat of a coupe....that way, I don't have to haul them anywhere.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:36 AM

91 posts, read 100,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
I don't know why anyone buys a Ford a second time. Such junk.
agreed, FORD:F@#$&! Only Rolls Downhill

Last edited by blazetrigger; 08-30-2014 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: made it a little more clearer

Old 08-30-2014, 07:24 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Sorry Chevy lovers...but never again.
Likewise.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:07 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,285,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazetrigger View Post
None of my Mustangs were junk. Neither was my SVT Contour.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:03 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,338,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazetrigger View Post
Both of my Mustangs (1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top 5.0 Manual w/ supercharger) + my 2000 Mustang Convertible were great cars! The '86 needed extra maintenance and sucked up gas like a cheap who*e 11mpg ftw... but what do you expect for a souped up car that's 22 years old?

The convertible's top stopped working after 13 years and I had to get a few things fixed. Great cars otherwise!

I now own a 2012 Honda Civic EX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive