Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:35 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
Lots of women drive them here in Hawaii, so the OP's theory is way off.
I also see a lot of women driving lifted trucks and SUV's here in northern California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 12:59 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,590,352 times
I posted this because a jagoff in a lifted truck cut me off yesterday which could have been a horrible accident. He was in the right lane and i was in the left. He was tailgating and decided to switch lanes and squeeze between me and the car in his lane. There was about an inch of space between bumpers and I was going about 45 mph +

Ofcorse after he pulled this move he mashed the gas doing like 100 to get out of site.

So the pic represents dudes driving big trucks that have obvious short comings. They are insecure about things so they think driving a big truck and pulling moves like that makes them feel bigger and a man.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:07 PM

352 posts, read 324,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
Around here, it varies, the ones that are super lifted with massive tires and reinforced suspensions, that's all blacked out, are mostly Bro's that kinda look like the guy above.

The ones that are beat up, dirty, but still lifted are usually driven by Redneck contractors with tool box kits on the back of the flat bed.

There not all short either, some are fat asses, some are "Military Muscle" testo freaks, some are tweakers, and of course the majority of them are "Bro's"....the oldest hows it going in Brocabulary.."Dudee...Sup Brah!" "When was tha las time you went to Glamis to get your tires wet bro"?

Other Bro: "Sheet, like last weekend bruh!"...Main Bro: "Right on homie, did you bring the coors light, G"?

Other Bro: "Dude, Hell yeah I did bruh! Went to Dan's market before I shot over, it's in the front seat!".
Read the post and thought "sounds like the guys in San Diego" then I saw where the guy is from...
Yup, he's spot on. 100% dead-on accurate on this.

If you drive a lifted truck, you're compensating for something...unless you're specifically using it for a job...and they tend to be the biggest jerks on the roads here other than the M-class BMWs.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:21 PM

522 posts, read 721,834 times
Car enthusiasts come in all colors, shapes and sizes.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:25 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
There is nothing wrong with modifing a truck, but if you never take it off road, what's the point? I love trucks myself, but for the most part I like them stock. Beefy off road tires look good as do cattle guards but that's about it.

There's alway those dreaded whoop-de-do's ( speed bumps) at the local mall and grocery stores to conquer at 1 MPH.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:38 PM

^ but it takes corners so nicely

Old 10-02-2014, 02:56 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I posted this because a jagoff in a lifted truck cut me off yesterday which could have been a horrible accident. He was in the right lane and i was in the left. He was tailgating and decided to switch lanes and squeeze between me and the car in his lane. There was about an inch of space between bumpers and I was going about 45 mph +

Ofcorse after he pulled this move he mashed the gas doing like 100 to get out of site.

So the pic represents dudes driving big trucks that have obvious short comings. They are insecure about things so they think driving a big truck and pulling moves like that makes them feel bigger and a man.
Were you hogging the left lane?

Old 10-02-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
sounds like it.
He was "driving safe"...

Old 10-02-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Yep i just passed someone in the right and i was driving in the left lane at 45+ in a 45mph zone through town. Driving in the left lane because it's legal and the car was on my right. Maybe i should have bought a lifted truck so i can just drive over cars in the right lane

So lets just say i agree with your trolling argument and say yes i was hogging the left lane...Does that give him the right to endanger lives on the road?

Old 10-02-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foques View Post
sounds like it.
He was "driving safe"...
Sounds like you look like that guy in the pic. I sense hurt feelings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive