Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 07:18 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times

Advertisements

I've watched this show from the time it came out and I've noticed that it now just sucks and full of made up drama. I guess Tom got fired, but shows back up on Misfit Garage which Richard Rawlings is the executive producer. Then there's Demolition Theater sorry I'm not watching YouTube re-runs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 07:35 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Well Like American Chopper, Overhaulin' and Monster Garage they all were huge for a few season then ended up old news and were cancelled or went into hiatus

Old 10-15-2014, 08:28 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,925,997 times
Fast and Loud has become a teenie bopper show for the kiddies. There's far too much play and stupid stuff now. Counting Cars was pretty good but it's kinda going the same way. Overhaulin' was the tops in my book. Garage Squad is fairly entertaining but it lacks a lot of the details in making a car what it is. Too much story line and not enough car work. Wheeler Dealers is still interesting as you never know what they're going to work on. If it has wheels, they will work on it. If you haven't seen it, it's out of Britain. A new one, Highway to Sell, shows a lot of promise about flipping cars. They've only had 6 episodes so far. If you have high speed internet, watch for free at any of these:
Watch Highway To Sell S01E01 Partners In Chrome - Watch Series Online Free

Old 10-15-2014, 08:41 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
They all do it............go from a show that is mainly reality, to totally scripted garbage!

American Chopper, when it first started, was so interesting because it was mainly about the process of building the bikes. But then, it got popular........and the nitwitish producers wrecked that show.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:42 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,902,730 times
I agree that most of them get lazy, and they end-up "creating" entertainment vs filming/editing enough to produce a good honest show.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:59 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
I like "Restoration Garage", filmed in Bradford Ontario. It is home of "The Guild of Automotive Restorers", one of the largest names in restoration in North America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSDFuHN_pkM

The Guild of Automotive Restorers

Old 10-16-2014, 06:35 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
They all do it............go from a show that is mainly reality, to totally scripted garbage!

American Chopper, when it first started, was so interesting because it was mainly about the process of building the bikes. But then, it got popular........and the nitwitish producers wrecked that show.
Yeah when it went from building the bikes to the drama and fighting between Paul JR. and Paul SR. that stemmed from the new found fame and money Issues entered into the show.

I think point when the fame and money from the networks entered into the picture is where it not only ruined the show it pretty much ruined and broke up the whole Tuttle family.

Sometime I think some shops would of done better or been around longer if it were not for Discovery , History or TLC getting involved with them and trying to create Drama where there was none before and producers and the fame getting in the heads of the star(s) of the shows to help create that drama to try and make the show interesting.

Last edited by GTOlover; 10-16-2014 at 06:47 AM..

Old 10-16-2014, 06:43 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,792,860 times
They'll mostly all the same and I get tried of Richard always saying that he's low on money !!!

Richard Rawlings has an estimated net worth of $15 million bucks !!!

Old 10-16-2014, 07:57 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
They'll mostly all the same and I get tried of Richard always saying that he's low on money !!!

Richard Rawlings has an estimated net worth of $15 million bucks !!!

When he got involved in the bar last season, the show was over for me at that point......

Old 10-16-2014, 07:59 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Yeah when it went from building the bikes to the drama and fighting between Paul JR. and Paul SR. that stemmed from the new found fame and money Issues entered into the show.

I think point when the fame and money from the networks entered into the picture is where it not only ruined the show it pretty much ruined and broke up the whole Tuttle family.

Sometime I think some shops would of done better or been around longer if it were not for Discovery , History or TLC getting involved with them and trying to create Drama where there was none before and producers and the fame getting in the heads of the star(s) of the shows to help create that drama to try and make the show interesting.
The question really is are they really broke up or it was made to seem that way for that show?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive