Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 03:12 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,905,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
In your opinion, which is better?
A Hyundai elantra or a Honda civic?

Thinking of trading in my '12 civic for a '14/'15 elantra.

I enjoy my civic, however, there are some things about it that urk me. I've had the civic for nearly 3 years and noticed small annoyances about it. Like how the interior rattles. A lot. One rattle coming from map light, new rattle coming from the horn area and a couple rattles coming from the back seat area ( not completely a deal breaker, but when it rattles more than my older '01 prizm, makes me worried about the future issues of this cars quality) The HUD display will sometimes not display properly, requiring a battery disconnect ( not on my car, but my friends '12 civic). And, the warranty is nearly expired. So, what's your experience with these two car brands?
I think it's a 6 of one, 1/2 dozen type of thing. It seems like any upgrade is minor (unless the 2012 Civic is that bad, but I thought the redesign was due to asthetics and cheaper materials vs. mechanical issues).

In terms of personal experience, I have only really driven Honda's (Hyundai's as rentals only) and think they are great vehicles. My Fit has ~115K and no problems and my parents both have Hondas with 175K + miles on them and aren't really considering replacing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 03:13 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
If you have no plans of selling in the future , go for Elantra or Sonata.. It has the best warranties around and you can drive it solid up to 130-150k with regular maintenance. Compared to current Civic's, they also look more cooler.

Like China they have come a long way, yet brandwise they are looked down upon compared to Honda.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:25 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,518,367 times
The Hyundai Elantra is a great car. I have almost 210,000 miles on my 2003 with no major problems until about a month ago. Those were a lot of rough miles too, as I took it off-road to places a sedan should not attempt to go. Hyundai has a great warranty too. The resale value is bad, but that wasn't a problem for me because I usually drive my cars until they're about ready to fall apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive