Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 04:05 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,107,107 times

Advertisements

I've found that ignoring it, but at the same time "imagining the perpetrator becoming entangled in a future accident" is a good way to cope and have the short term episode blow over.

You know, they flip you off out of the corner of your eye and speed off like a maniac.
And then you say to yourself; "If that guy/gal flips or rolls their vehicle down the road, I'm just going to drive by and take pictures while they expire."

Most of the time it will never happen, but the odds of actually encountering a wish in your head!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 04:49 PM

917 posts, read 1,384,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post
If a dude drives by and flips you off and insults you with racial slurs, and you react by retaliating(in a harmless way), what would happen?

Is it a good idea? Why or why not?
Hey I just posted a question in another thread where I asked if anyone has even been part of a "road rage" incident. I say ignore him. You dont know what he is capable of. Might follow you and have a gun with him, anything really. Even a simple thing like a lug wrench can be a weapon as well. You never know what kind of person they are. Your best bet it ignore it and be on your merry little way

Old 01-30-2015, 04:54 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
A judge or DMV can revoke your license if accused of road rage.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:19 PM

419 posts, read 626,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
There are crazies out there. It doesn't need a dark alley. Consider yourself lucky that you haven't run into someone more crazy than you.

OP: Maybe you want to be famous on end up on one of these you tube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0jgk9U7yvU
exactly, there are always someone got bigger balls than you, just back off and go home, its not like they bang your wife or something...

Old 01-30-2015, 06:15 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
Quote:
If a dude drives by and flips you off and insults you with racial slurs, and you react by retaliating(in a harmless way), what would happen?

Is it a good idea to retaliate? In a word: NO.

Harmless or NOT, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT would happen if you engage!

You DON'T know IF he has buddies that are out there with him in multiple vehicles that will TARGET you. YOU could endanger yourself, your family and others on the road.

Best to ignore it and leave them alone they will go away eventually seeking someone else.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:44 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,098,633 times
Generally if somebody cuts me off or does something stupid like cause an accident to my car, then I will lay on my horn to let them know they cut me off or caused an accident. I get pissed about **** like that and let the driver know. I have heard it is a bad idea to react cause they could have a gun and gotta be safe.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:34 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Sure, go for it.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:35 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:

It's best to avoid confrontations with an irrational moron. Nothing good can come from it.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:29 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
Is it really worth ending up dead or getting someone else killed?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:46 PM

3,336 posts, read 2,140,399 times
Quote:

*shrugs*

If my truck's bigger I just run them off of the road. If it's not, out comes the Glock.

I kid, I kid... retaliating just isn't a good option. There is no "harmless" retaliation because you can never be sure how it may escalate the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive