Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times

Advertisements

Recently had cataract surgery and now no longer need glasses and can wear real sunglasses instead of flipups. problem is i havent found a way to store sunglasses in the car, i've tried these little plastic clips but they break too easily =
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j0...ses-Holder.jpg.
i now have 3 different pair of sunglasses for different applications but dont want to leave them on passenger seat or stuff em into an already full glove box..Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 08:22 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Recently had cataract surgery and now no longer need glasses and can wear real sunglasses instead of flipups. problem is i havent found a way to store sunglasses in the car, i've tried these little plastic clips but they break too easily =
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j0...ses-Holder.jpg.
i now have 3 different pair of sunglasses for different applications but dont want to leave them on passenger seat or stuff em into an already full glove box..Any ideas?
Get a good hard shell case for them, then stick them in the center console or the pockets behind the seats.

If they fit under your seat, they could go fine there as well.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:02 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,238,155 times
Glove box, center console, door pocket, overhead console.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:48 AM

17,604 posts, read 17,635,928 times
Buy a quality brand that comes with a hard case. Store the case in the center console. If you buy a decent brand that doesn't come with a hard case, consider a cloth bag with drawstring. Had you tried putting the glasses on the dash at the gauges behind the steering wheel when not driving.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:08 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,162,494 times
No no no no.....just buy one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Croakies-Shade...unglass+holder

Nicely made, cheap, and has worked for many years for me.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:35 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,388,802 times
I would look to a soft bag that can attach to the visor, since it will secure the sunglasses and keep them from being exposed to dust or damage.

Something like this would work: Sunglasses Case for Car Visor - CargoGear

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 02-07-2015, 10:49 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
Chevy Sonic's siblings in other countries has an option to replace the driver side handle with a nice sunglass holder. I had to source mine from overseas.

GM Factory Sunglass Holder - Chevy Sonic Owners Forum

Perhaps something is similar for your specific vehicle or maybe someone has a universal one?

Its a great design.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:43 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,036,575 times
Funny story about sunglasses in a car.
Years ago I had a pair of Oakleys. I stored them in the car. After about six months I noticed the lens was a bit distorted when looking through them.
I returned them to Oakley for a replacement as it appeared the lens might be delaminating.

Oakley refused to replace them explaining they were not made to be left in the sun. Duh??

Old 02-07-2015, 12:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
I hang mine by the visor from the stem. On days when cloudy I put them in console case. I have a light thin pair of reading glasses in case in headliner compartment incase I need to read really fine print. I have never found a headliner compartment that isn't too small for sunglasses I prefer without marking the lenses. I I the console I have a case that clips to a small thin partition at front so easy to get to.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:26 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
So far the problem with clipping them to the visor is they stick out to such an extent my wife or the kids keep banging their heads into them when getting into the car
Putting them in some kind of bag on the dash is something i might explore as the car is a Yaris with center mounted instruments so lots of room behind steering wheel.
Had a Ford Fiesta rental car a few weeks ago that had an overhead pop open compartment for sunglasses,very convenient i thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive