Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 06:50 PM

802 posts, read 1,374,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
Your 1st sentence actually made me LOL... I've taken a few long road trips and I always get a chuckle when I'm on the open road at night and someone comes out of nowhere behind me and taps their brights twice, apparently telling me to move over so they can pass instead of them just going around me.... I never move over and it disgust me when someone moves over for someone else flashing their brights at them, but hey it doesn't concern so the feeling of disgust doesn't linger.
most likely you are driving in third lane if someone is flashing their lights.
stay in first lane and no one will flash their lights.
i only beep or flash my lights when someone is in 3rd lane driving slow and theres no way to pass them. or if im going faster than someone and before i pass them they move into my lane and drive slowly. if you are planning to drive speed limit or slower then speed limit move to the right lane. i always wonder why slow drivers dont get fined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 06:52 PM

i was following this van and box truck today they had their windows open they were cursing each other out then they started to throw bottles at each others cars all this while they were moving then finally van driver made a turn and all ended peacefully

Old 02-12-2015, 07:03 PM

267 posts, read 304,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtrustates View Post
most likely you are driving in third lane if someone is flashing their lights.
stay in first lane and no one will flash their lights.
i only beep or flash my lights when someone is in 3rd lane driving slow and theres no way to pass them. or if im going faster than someone and before i pass them they move into my lane and drive slowly. if you are planning to drive speed limit or slower then speed limit move to the right lane. i always wonder why slow drivers dont get fined.
If someone is driving in the 3rd lane then that means there are multiple lanes, how can there be no way for you to pass them? Just go around. If I'm doing the posted speed limit at say...65 and I'm in the 3rd lane and you want to go faster than the posted speed limit, then it's you who's going to go around me, I don't have to move for you. You can beam at me all you want. If I'm in the 3rd lane and I'm doing 67 in a 65 and you start tailgating, beaming, flashing your lights then I'm slowing down to 65 so you get the hint Just because you're an aggressive drive doesn't mean you own the road.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:06 PM

3rd lane is not for drivers who drive 65. you should know that.
im guessing you are a new driver.
driving exactly speed limit in 3rd lane is just selfish and inconsiderate.
Just because you want to drive SLOW in 3rd lane dosnt mean everyone else should wait for you.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
driving exactly speed limit in 3rd lane is just selfish and inconsiderate
It's the law. It's technically never legal to drive over the speed limit. If the speed limit is 65, then the fastest you should be going is 65. I'm not saying that I never drift a few miles an hour over the speed limit, but just because it's the 3rd lane doesn't mean you're suppose drive 85 miles an hour.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:14 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,044,615 times
Quote:
I have road rage, and bad driving is something that I'm trying not to allow bother me so much. How do you keep yourself from getting pissed off when someone cuts you off or when someone is tailgating you?
All the anger in the world won't make anybody change. The only person affected by your anger is you. Why spend even a split second of your life caring what other people do? What is there to be gained?

Old 02-12-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
It's the law. It's technically never legal to drive over the speed limit. If the speed limit is 65, then the fastest you should be going is 65. I'm not saying that I never drift a few miles an hour over the speed limit, but just because it's the 3rd lane doesn't mean you're suppose drive 85 miles an hour.
how fast people drive in 3rd lane shouldnt concern you. if you drive 65 stay to the right and enjoy it. no one will bother you there.
but i dont know where you drive because in 65 mph zone 90% of traffic is moving at speeds of 75-80 MPH steady.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
how fast people drive in 3rd lane shouldnt concern you. if you drive 65 stay to the right and enjoy it. no one will bother you there.
but i dont know where you drive because in 65 mph zone 90% of traffic is moving at speeds of 75-80 MPH steady.
How fast they go (or want to go) in the 3rd lane doesn't concern me, that's why I don't move. I usually drive in the middle lane if I'm going to be on the freeway a while. If I do go into the 3rd lane and you want to go around, then you're going to have to put in some effort and go around. Plain and simple.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:45 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,044,615 times
Quote:
driving exactly speed limit in 3rd lane is just selfish and inconsiderate.
Just because you want to drive SLOW in 3rd lane dosnt mean everyone else should wait for you.
Okay, a question for the folks on the automotive forum.

Which lane on a multi-lane road is lane one? Is it the far left, or far right lane? Because everything I've read seems to use Lane 1 for the one closest to the median.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:45 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,022,723 times
Well, since it is illegal to shoot them or run them off the road, I choose to ignore them.
Sometimes I laugh at their stupidity.
I just can't see getting all upset over something that I have absolutely no hope of ever changing.
However, I certainly CAN change my attitude, and I have done so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive